Breakdown cover

Tobenn replied on 07/01/2020 23:24

Posted on 07/01/2020 23:24

I'm confused and looking for clarification. I have a small touring caravan and three cars.

CAMH breakdown cover says I can add up to 5 extra vehicles for £25, presumably £25 for each additional vehicle. When I try to fill in the online form it only allows the addition of one extra vehicle before demanding payment. Have I goofed somewhere?

Second point, the policy offers to cover you AND your partner for £32 then both are covered for breakdowns no matter whose vehicle one is travelling in. 

This sounds too good to be true, is it saying that if I pay the basic 74 quid plus 32 both myself and my wife are covered for breakdowns in all 3 vehicles even if not towing, and also covered if we are in another persons car? If so, why would I be daft enough to pay the 74 plus 2x25 for our other vehicles?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this.

TonyB

SteveL replied on 07/01/2020 23:56

Posted on 07/01/2020 23:56

The easiest thing to do is ring them up and sort it over the phone. Prior to this year we had two vehicles and I paid an extra £25 for the second. In March we bought a MH so I also wanted to cover that. I can't remember what I paid, but the cheapest way was your second option, to cover myself and OH on the personal cover. Which is valid for any vehicle we are traveling in. The only down side is that you only get two personalised cards. Therefore we can't just  leave them in the vehicle, as I we did before. If you pay the £25 for each, you get separate cards for each vehicle.

Tobenn replied on 08/01/2020 00:01

Posted on 08/01/2020 00:01

Thanks Steve, it really is a good offer then! The cards are no problem, we can carry them along with all the other plastic we heave about.

I've got time before our existing cover runs out so I will ring them, thanks for the tip.

EmilysDad replied on 08/01/2020 18:50

Posted on 08/01/2020 18:50

I use MayDay ie Caravan Club's breakdown via Green Flag. IIRC it's around £120 a year and that covers both myself & SWMBO for any vehicle we're in as driver or passenger. It provides a chauffeur in the event I'm unable to drive .... SWMBO won't drive my car, let alone with a wobbly box on the back. For the same money, we had our daughter on the same policy when she lived at home.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook