Bit old fashion

Steve Welsh replied on 27/02/2017 08:28

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:28

I read with interest the fact that as club members we can get 20% discount at Roadchefs. But you have to print a voucher. We don't have a printer and for 20% it is not worth the walk to the library then the 20p per sheet to print. Why on earth is it a voucher there is this really nice thing called a smart phone or just use the membership card as the AA do for discount t in the other services chain.

Bakers2 replied on 27/02/2017 08:50

Posted on 27/02/2017 08:50

Great example of what needs fixing. I suggest you pose the question via email direct - and await a response, then please share it with us 😀.     

SteveL replied on 27/02/2017 09:09

Posted on 27/02/2017 09:09

I would agree. Also when I printed the voucher it took up a whole sheet of A4.

Until, if ever they fix it, there is a road chef app which gets you daily deals at the various outlets, by showing the offer on the phone. Not as good as 20% off anything but better than nothing.

DavidKlyne replied on 27/02/2017 10:17

Posted on 27/02/2017 10:17

For all we know having the voucher printed off is a requirement of Roadchef? The company I worked for until retirement arranges lots of offers for current staff and pensioners. With some of the offers we just need to show our staff/pensioner ID but for others we have to print off a voucher.  The same is the case with the Caravan and Motorhome Club. If I use the M6 Toll I just have to show my membership card, the same is true of Go Outdoors this is what leads me to think that it might be a Roadchef requirement perhaps in order to collate how often and how much the offer costs? 

David

nelliethehooker replied on 27/02/2017 21:59

Posted on 27/02/2017 21:59

With the rebranding will those retail outlets etc that are part of the discount scheme accept the new CC membership cards, with the unrecognisable logo? Have they all been informed of the change?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook