Weekends clogging up availability

MITCHF replied on 19/01/2019 16:54

Posted on 19/01/2019 16:54

Hi, we're a working couple and get 5 weeks a year off, as well as the odd weekends.

We've been trying to book some of our favorite or new sites, but we cant get a full week as the weekends (start and end of our weeks) are booked up.

I think its because members can book and not pay, I'd rather a deposit was taken.

Don't see why CMHC cant hold back a percentage of site pitch's for full week only bookings.

Hold them until the end of the month before, if not booked , release them for weekenders.

Its very frustrating :-(

Moderator Edit:

Unfortunately, this topic has been aired many times in the past and always goes round in circles because people will always have differing views on the club's policy.  The thread has, therefore, been locked to avoid a repeat of the same arguments.

JVB66 replied on 19/01/2019 17:13

Posted on 19/01/2019 17:13

This old chestnut has been chewed over so many times are you saying although you ONLY get 5 weeks leavesurprised plus an odd w/end you do not know when your time off is? If you want, as a lot do, their "favorite"sites then book early,and unless it is one of the few "honey pot" sites it would be unusual to not get what is wanted,and we have found as others that a  phone call to the chosen site is always worthwhile

Tinwheeler replied on 19/01/2019 17:28

Posted on 19/01/2019 17:28

As ever, the answer is to book earlier.

Other people get in first so you seem to think the system should be changed to one that might benefit you, Mitch. You do weekends as well so why the wish to penalise others?

We all have the same opportunity to book and you have a better chance than ever now to get the dates you want with being able to book 12 months ahead.

Incidentally, you cannot know that people are only staying weekends. They could be there Wednesday to Wednesday, they could be there Friday night and leave on Saturday, or they could arrive on Saturday.

As for reserving pitches for full weeks, what are you going to do about folk who want 5 nights, or 3, or 8, of who want a full week starting on a Tuesday? I’m afraid that sounds totally impractical. 

Edit: locked while I was mid post.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook