staying late on a sunday

HappyHikerGB replied on 26/02/2017 13:56

Posted on 26/02/2017 13:56

So now the club has had a revamp, do you still need to leave at 12pm on a Sunday ?

I work all week and mainly caravan at weekends, but I want to stay all weekend so having to packup and go for 12:00 ruined the stays, so much so I'm no longer a member and use private sites where staying to 4pm is usually no problem and can be agreed at booking time.

I realise people need to make room for the new caravans coming in, and on a Friday and Saturday I can see this is particularly important, but the sties were  mostly empty and not filling up on a sunday(that I saw).

I can imagine this isn't a problem for retired people either, but us younger lot(slightly) who can only get away at weekends want to stay all sunday afternoon. As I assume the revamp is to attract new blood, has this rule changed at all ? If not whats the view on allowing people to stay until 4pm just on a sunday? Even if we had to pay £5 extra I wouldnt mind.

I'm not paying a full nights stay for 4 hours use though, and I know the policy is, its up to the wardens, but you should see their faces if you ask, you'd think you'd commit some hideous crime, given the reactions. ( we once stay to 2pm but it was so painful to ask, and put up with the lecture, and accept it was such a massive favour and thank him very much,and no it cant be a regular thing....)

Has this changed,  is it going to ? I'd rejoin if it did.

Dickdastardly1 replied on 27/02/2017 19:33

Posted on 27/02/2017 19:33

In the new handbook it quite clearly states you can stay until 4pm without further payment. However, this is subject to availability, if the site is full and there are 20 departing and 20 arriving then it is 12noon latest obviously.

It has not been an issue when members have asked me to stay late.

replied on 27/02/2017 20:56

Posted on 27/02/2017 20:56

I don't think this is the original. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook