Should we make a list ?

JohnM20 replied on 20/12/2016 14:13

Posted on 20/12/2016 14:13

With so many threads already running about the state of the new website / forum, would it be a good idea for forum users to create a new thread in which we can all list the things that we have found not to our liking? This should be, where possible, a list in as few words as possible and should not be a discussion. The points raised should not be duplicated so it would be up to us to read before we type. This might then help CC to rectify all the wrongs as we, the users, perceive them.

We could also start a second list of the things that we like about the change. (I can't see this being very long).

JayEss replied on 20/12/2016 14:33

Posted on 20/12/2016 14:33

Why don't we use the one Rochelle set up for the purpose in Ask the expert?  Makes sense to use the one that's being monitored by CC staff

Kennine replied on 20/12/2016 14:45

Posted on 20/12/2016 14:45

John, I like your idea.  But there might be a bit of duplication.

One of the moderators said he was compiling a list of problems for head office and I personally am quite happy to let the Moderators run with this.  

Obviously the mods should post the list on here and update it regularly as more glitches become apparent.

Cheers .....................K

young thomas replied on 20/12/2016 15:00

Posted on 20/12/2016 15:00

i agree there should be an action/snagging list and it should be somewhere visible and a sticky?

also, it should be maintained by Rochelle and be the difinitive list of fixes being fed to IT, along with a 'to be done by' date alongside each.

it should be Rochelles job to glean info from wherever it is being placed (unless all other 'fault' threads are closed) and place it in the action list.

this should be the reference point for all of us to see whats been recognised as a fault, that is has been relayed to IT, and when we should expect a resolution.

a nice, simple, three attribute list where we can also see if our particular gripe has made it to the official 'to do' list.

brue replied on 20/12/2016 15:09

Posted on 20/12/2016 14:33 by JayEss

Why don't we use the one Rochelle set up for the purpose in Ask the expert?  Makes sense to use the one that's being monitored by CC staff

Posted on 20/12/2016 15:09

Yes, it's been set up for that purpose and Rochelle has responded to some of the questions today. smile

young thomas replied on 20/12/2016 15:56

Posted on 20/12/2016 15:56

whilst the 'ask the expert' thread might be the place for a list to reside, i cant see a definitive list, i can see Rochelle replying piecemeal to a number of posters today, two or three points at a time...but this os not one consolodated (and changing) list.

of ive missed it (ove been reading the thread daily but havent trawled back through all 50 odd pages today) please give me the page number and i will look through it.

either way, it needs to be visible, not buried deep in 500 odd posts.

not only that, this thread is closing on the 22nd.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook