Renewing caravan insurance

pegwr33 replied on 21/03/2023 16:21

Posted on 21/03/2023 16:21

I have now been hanging on the phone for over an half-hour trying to get through to Head Office to renew my caravan insurance as the website payment facility is not functional. Is this acceptable? I think not. All I keep being told is that "Thank you for waiting, our team is busy and your call will be answered when a team member becomes available". This is at 4pm in the afternoon.  What is going on? Not normally the good service I have previously had from the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

DavidKlyne replied on 21/03/2023 16:59

Posted on 21/03/2023 16:59

I tried to renew my House and Contents insurance yesterday (change in CC details so no automatic renewal option) and my call was picked up, after a while, by the Call Centre with a promise of a call back. As far as I know that call never came, was out this morning but no message left. I tried again today and got through pretty quickly direct to the Insurance Team and all sorted. It would certainly be much easier if things like changing CC details could be done online.

David 

eribaMotters replied on 21/03/2023 17:42

Posted on 21/03/2023 17:42

I suppose incidents such as this explain the 3.5 out of 5 Trust Pilot rating at the bottom of this page.

pegwr33, have you tried:-

Cover4Caravans, Lifesure, Ripe, SAGA and Grove & Dean. 

Colin

DavidKlyne replied on 21/03/2023 20:24

Posted on 21/03/2023 17:42 by eribaMotters

I suppose incidents such as this explain the 3.5 out of 5 Trust Pilot rating at the bottom of this page.

pegwr33, have you tried:-

Cover4Caravans, Lifesure, Ripe, SAGA and Grove & Dean. 

Colin

Posted on 21/03/2023 20:24

Colin

In fairness the TP reviews I think have been driven down by the discontent with the new booking system rather than the other products and services the Club sell. I have both Motorhome (and before that caravan) insurance and House and Contents with the Club.  The member of staff I spoke to today did ask if I was interested in car insurance but I had to tell her that every time I have got a quote it has been totally uncompetitive. This I find odd as both my other insurances with the Club are pretty competitive.

David

KjellNN replied on 21/03/2023 21:05

Posted on 21/03/2023 21:05

We have our caravan cover with the Club, and had a car with them for 1 year, then the cost went silly.

Got a quote once for house and contents, completely uncompetitive.  They do not seem to understand timber frame houses!

OH has to ring on Friday to alter caravan cover as van will shortly  be over 15 years old and we need to swap from "new for old" to "market value".  Hope it will not take ages to get through.

eurortraveller replied on 21/03/2023 21:24

Posted on 21/03/2023 16:21 by pegwr33

I have now been hanging on the phone for over an half-hour trying to get through to Head Office to renew my caravan insurance as the website payment facility is not functional. Is this acceptable? I think not. All I keep being told is that "Thank you for waiting, our team is busy and your call will be answered when a team member becomes available". This is at 4pm in the afternoon.  What is going on? Not normally the good service I have previously had from the Caravan and Motorhome Club.

Posted on 21/03/2023 21:24

The delay is helpful  - it gives you time to get other quotes from other providers.

Rufs replied on 22/03/2023 09:14

Posted on 22/03/2023 09:14

Still cant renew club membership online using debit or credit card, hit pay now and it sends you to an unknown web site, not tried setting up direct debit, rapidly loosing patience with CAMC, only have caravan insurance with them which i assume would continue even if my membetrship lapsed. Have put a comment on TP but no response and i cant be bothered to spend hours waiting on the end of a telephone

Bude Camper replied on 23/03/2023 11:19

Posted on 23/03/2023 11:19

Tried booking 2 sites in June via website this morning and it won't accept my payment (although it did 2 weeks ago when I booked for Easter!).

Keeps saying it's either timed out (which is hasn't) or something about cookies! :-(

Tried booking on the app and only got as far as inputting my partners DOB and it won't allow me to go all the way back to 1966!!

Sat on the phone now waiting for help.

I literally give up!! 

SteveL replied on 23/03/2023 13:09

Posted on 23/03/2023 11:19 by Bude Camper

Tried booking 2 sites in June via website this morning and it won't accept my payment (although it did 2 weeks ago when I booked for Easter!).

Keeps saying it's either timed out (which is hasn't) or something about cookies! :-(

Tried booking on the app and only got as far as inputting my partners DOB and it won't allow me to go all the way back to 1966!!

Sat on the phone now waiting for help.

I literally give up!! 

Posted on 23/03/2023 13:09

There is definitely something odd afoot, my app lets me go back to 1 AD🤔

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook