Redstricted access for joint members

mhparking replied on 16/06/2016 19:43

Posted on 16/06/2016 19:43

I know this has been discussed a long time ago (well over a year ago) but don't have time to search all past posts to find it.

Reading a thread a few minutes ago I wanted to check up on a CL but to do so had to sign out and then sign in again as our membership is in my wife's name so I cannot see CL details when signed in as myself. I then had to sign out/in again to comment on the thread.

I was certain that the CC had pledged to remove this silly restriction when it was discussed previously but obviously that hasn't happened yet. Is it just another example of the software employed by the CC not being fit for purpose and still not being replaced after all this time or something permanent?

Graham

Freelander359 replied on 16/06/2016 20:02

Posted on 16/06/2016 20:02

The CC response in March re this problem was the following:

Good afternoon Mayesderek.

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem, it is all down to the email address that you have registered against your membership number , we can only register one email on your membership details, feel free to call anytime and change the email address on the membership records, once we have changed, you can they re register the new email.

Kind regards 

Kimberley

PR1 replied on 16/06/2016 20:23

Posted on 16/06/2016 20:23

Shared e mail address! You must be joking! No employee of mine was allowed a shared email address!  Too much sensitive data!  Email should be personal!!

mhparking replied on 17/06/2016 10:21

Posted on 17/06/2016 10:21

The CC response in March re this problem was the following:

Good afternoon Mayesderek.

I am sorry to hear you are having a problem, it is all down to the email address that you have registered against your membership number , we can only register one email on your membership details, feel free to call anytime and change the email address on the membership records, once we have changed, you can they re register the new email.

Kind regards 

Kimberley

The sort of total cop-out I have come to expect of the CC. I had hoped that when I came back to this forum recently I should find that the faults which drove me away had been fixed. I suppose I should not be surprised really.

Graham

mhparking replied on 17/06/2016 10:23

Posted on 17/06/2016 10:23

To be frank I do not see the problem. If there are two of you share an e mail address and password.

That might suit some people but I would expect it is a minority which has been becoming smaller for several years. Many families these days have multiple Internet connected devices which they use simultaneously.

Graham

Navigateur replied on 17/06/2016 10:29

Posted on 17/06/2016 10:29

So where is the problem in obtaining a new e-mail address that you both share and is used to log into the CC forum? Both of you and also any other family members who need to be involved in caravaning. You can register that email address with C&CC as well, and any other site you want.

All these "multiple internet connected devices" you mention allow for combining emails into a single box. Set up properly you will not even see a join.

KeefySher replied on 17/06/2016 11:01

Posted on 17/06/2016 11:01

We, the boss (Mrs P) and I have a joint email address that we use for joint things like holidays, CC, Utilities etc. It also serves as a spam filter from out personal accounts.

But then, shock horror, we have a joint bank account too Tongue Out

mhparking replied on 17/06/2016 12:30

Posted on 17/06/2016 12:30

So where is the problem in obtaining a new e-mail address that you both share and is used to log into the CC forum? Both of you and also any other family members who need to be involved in caravaning. You can register that email address with C&CC as well, and any other site you want.

All these "multiple internet connected devices" you mention allow for combining emails into a single box. Set up properly you will not even see a join.

It's over 40 years since I sent my first e-mail so I do understand the mechanisms Smile Indeed, I already have three e-mail addresses as a result of voluntary work I do (my wife has only one). Adding another e-mail address (which would have no other purpose) just to suit the vagaries of the CC's inadequate computer systems would be too tiresome.

mhparking replied on 17/06/2016 12:49

Posted on 17/06/2016 12:49

We, the boss (Mrs P) and I have a joint email address that we use for joint things like holidays, CC, Utilities etc. It also serves as a spam filter from out personal accounts.

But then, shock horror, we have a joint bank account too Tongue Out

And if we both wish to make (separate) comments on this forum (as we do on other fora of joint interest) what then?

SteveL replied on 17/06/2016 13:32

Posted on 17/06/2016 13:32

Reading a thread a few minutes ago I wanted to check up on a CL but to do so had to sign out and then sign in again as our membership is in my wife's name so I cannot see CL details when signed in as myself. I then had to sign out/in again to comment on the thread.

I am not sure why you had to log in and out of each account. You should be able to log into both accounts simultaneously on the same device. We certainly can both log on at the same time on our single account. If you open a separate browser window and select the CC site, won't it let you log on to another account?

I think I have answered my own question. It only seems possible if you use a different browser.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook