Re- registering on website

Broxmeister replied on 18/04/2020 11:10

Posted on 18/04/2020 11:10

A friend registered using my computer etc some time ago as he never had access to the internet at home and never used the site. I am now in the process of getting him home internet but he can't remember email address, password he used. Does anyone have any idea how we can get him re-registered with a new email address etc.?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer

DavidKlyne replied on 18/04/2020 12:17

Posted on 18/04/2020 12:17

When you log in to the forum there is the usual log in box but to the right there is an option to register as a new user which is probably the best way to go. I am not sure what will happen if he uses his original email as that will be known on the system. If that is the case I would suggest is the go to the regular log in and press the reset password button.

David

moulesy replied on 18/04/2020 12:30

Posted on 18/04/2020 12:30

If he's using a new email address it's surely easier just to register as a new user anyway isn't it? Or does he remember his avatar/username and want to reuse that? In which case I think he needs to get in touch with Rowena.

Broxmeister replied on 18/04/2020 18:45

Posted on 18/04/2020 12:30 by moulesy

If he's using a new email address it's surely easier just to register as a new user anyway isn't it? Or does he remember his avatar/username and want to reuse that? In which case I think he needs to get in touch with Rowena.

Posted on 18/04/2020 18:45

The site recognises his membership number and says this person is already known, but as he can't remember the email or password he used originally he can't get in. He would need his original registration wiped clean from the system and re register. Sounds simple but I have no clue how he can go about it or rather how I can go about it as I said I would sort it out for him as he is not internet/computer savvy.  

Bobby c replied on 28/04/2020 19:06

Posted on 28/04/2020 19:06

Hi everybody, I'd like to thank you for helping me get back onto the website. I hope to use the site more now and plan some adventures for when things eventually get back to normal. 

Stay safe

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook