Membership Growth?

replied on 14/12/2017 07:34

Posted on 14/12/2017 07:34

There has already been a considerable growth in caravan/MH usage in the last 20 years or so. 

peedee replied on 14/12/2017 08:21

Posted on 14/12/2017 08:21

I also think it is fueled by forums like this. Non owners see what a great time there is to be had. I cannot see points like the fall in the pound and staycations figuring too large in any purchasing decisions. More like the increase in pensioners, PCP contracts and the new pension rules allowing withdrawals from the pension pot having the biggest influence

peedee

dmiller555 replied on 14/12/2017 09:18

Posted on 14/12/2017 09:18

Immediately after the referendum and the drastic fall in the value of Sterling my wife and I decided that we would no longer be able to continue to with the type of European holidays that we had previously enjoyed.

Our solution was to invest most of the remainder of our holiday fund in a second-hand caravan and tow car. 18 months later we are pleased that we did so because we are enjoying the experience. 

The effect of an additional five or six thousand caravans and motorhomes coming onto UK roads each year remains to be seen. I imagine that pressure on pitch availability will increase as people find out that they don't actually have the freedom to pitch just anywhere as the BBC article erroneously implies.

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2017 09:32

Posted on 14/12/2017 09:32

And the shortage of pitches in the honey pot places to visit in the UK is one of the (according to info) problems that the big increase in visitors from "over therewink" because of the cheaper exchange rate,are finding when thinking this little island has the freedom to tour that is available in most places off peak.on mainland europe,

Kennine replied on 14/12/2017 09:52

Posted on 14/12/2017 09:52

All leisure companies selling goods and services will have their eye on this rise in the numbers of Trailer Caravans Motorhomes and Campervans.

What they do to attract customers is what matters. Take the CMC for example. They should increase the number of campsites and pitches to benefit from the increase of units requiring them: they should make it pleasant for customers to use their sites in a relaxed way, giving choices of types of pitches and finally ditch the idea of regimented row upon row of vans. There should be no joining fee for customers, the price of the site nights should be what brings in the income--.Those are just a few of the ways that the CMC business could benefit from the upsurge of interest in vanning. There are many more, but the CMC will need to bring themselves into the 21st century to provide the range of  options the modern generation demands. Otherwise other well managed organisations will take all the increase in business.  

cool

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2017 09:54

Posted on 14/12/2017 09:52 by Kennine

All leisure companies selling goods and services will have their eye on this rise in the numbers of Trailer Caravans Motorhomes and Campervans.

What they do to attract customers is what matters. Take the CMC for example. They should increase the number of campsites and pitches to benefit from the increase of units requiring them: they should make it pleasant for customers to use their sites in a relaxed way, giving choices of types of pitches and finally ditch the idea of regimented row upon row of vans. There should be no joining fee for customers, the price of the site nights should be what brings in the income--.Those are just a few of the ways that the CMC business could benefit from the upsurge of interest in vanning. There are many more, but the CMC will need to bring themselves into the 21st century to provide the range of  options the modern generation demands.  

cool

Posted on 14/12/2017 09:54

I take it you have also voiced these comments to the Directors of your club alsowink

Oneputt replied on 14/12/2017 10:12

Posted on 14/12/2017 09:54 by JVB66

I take it you have also voiced these comments to the Directors of your club alsowink

Posted on 14/12/2017 10:12

What club is that JVBsurprised

KeefySher replied on 14/12/2017 10:15

Posted on 14/12/2017 10:15

"We're in the business of making dreams come true."

A good place to start would be to assemble them so dreams don't become nightmares.

Hopefully with more PCP financing buyers will find it easier to reject poorly thrown together heaps of poor quality parts masquerading as caravans. No need to argue with dealers, just get the finance co to sort it, new van please as thats wot the monthly payment is for not a faulty one. 

More buyers could finally provide the quality the price should deliver.

JVB66 replied on 14/12/2017 10:48

Posted on 14/12/2017 10:12 by Oneputt

What club is that JVBsurprised

Posted on 14/12/2017 10:48

it has been mentioned in a couple of his posts the ccc as he is not a member of this clubwink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook