Members Site Directory/Handbook 2015/16

harryb replied on 02/03/2014 11:59

Posted on 02/03/2014 11:59

Can you remember when the 2013 handbook and map were released there was lots of complaints listed here on the forum. Too many to remember, I refer mainly to cl’s The outcome from the membership was that it was so bad it should be reprinted. We’ve had to put up with it for just over a year now and personally I have never come to terms with the format. The older edition was much simpler and user friendly.

Well the planning of next year’s handbook must now be in the making and I think it’s time that we the members had some input into the format of the 2015/16 edition; after all it is our book. Can we not have something we want rather than have something forced onto us with no course for alteration? We are the ones that use it.

It would be nice if the club recognise that and maybe give some kind of content survey on the web site. A tick box system would give a good indication to the more popular ideas. Also do the cl owners have a say?

The numerical map location has draw backs over the old system of site location (nearest town) One, the map is so big that it’s difficult to spread it to use it in conjunction with the handbook and two, some areas are so heavily subscribed with cl’s that the job of finding a number are so difficult.

Can I start this off with a few of my own ideas?

1 Revert back to location by nearest town

2 Give distance from the town and compass direction

3 Is it quiet/secluded or has it good views.

4 Sort out the symbols, the beer mug is one that's very confusing 

5 Finally, and most importantly, do the site owners get to proof read their own entry.

Just a few for starters no doubt there will be many others.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook