Meet The Members Malvern Hills Site 17th June 2017

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 16/06/2017 23:29

Posted on 16/06/2017 23:29

Tomorrow Saturday 17th June 2017 is the Caravan and Motorhome Club meet the members event at Malvern Hills Club site - two opportunities 9am - 10am for bacon butties and 7pm -9pm Cheese and wine. If you are on site then please join us in the marquee by the main entrance. Look forward to seeing you.

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 17/06/2017 11:27

Posted on 17/06/2017 11:27

We've just finished the bacon butties - please join us for cheese & wine this evening 7 - 9pm Malvern Hills Club Site

brue replied on 17/06/2017 11:41

Posted on 17/06/2017 11:41

Hope you' re all enjoying it, a pity it wasn't announced by the club on here, just Facebook. 

Navigateur replied on 17/06/2017 19:14

Posted on 17/06/2017 19:14

Could it be they don't want existing members along to eat up the freebies when they have already got our money?  They want new members and new money - there is a rebrand still to pay for.

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 18/06/2017 17:15

Posted on 17/06/2017 11:41 by brue

Hope you' re all enjoying it, a pity it wasn't announced by the club on here, just Facebook. 

Posted on 18/06/2017 17:15

Hi Brue,
my wife posted on FaceBook about this event about the same time as we posted on CT - did you see mention of it elesewhere on Facebook?

Ian

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 18/06/2017 17:34

Posted on 17/06/2017 19:14 by Navigateur

Could it be they don't want existing members along to eat up the freebies when they have already got our money?  They want new members and new money - there is a rebrand still to pay for.

Posted on 18/06/2017 17:34

Hi Navigateur,
perhaps you misunderstood the scope of the 'Meet the Members' events.  Whilst the event was open to all, it took place on a Club-owned site, the site was full to capacity, and nearly all who attended were existing Club members.

The structure of the Club is that members may join their local 'Centre'.  Several Centres form a 'Region', and the Club's 10 Regions feed into the Club's Executive Committee, which manages the affairs of the club - see - https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/about-us/committees/

As I understand it, each region usually organises 2 events per year to allow members to air their views and ask questions of the club.  These tend to be called 'Question Time' and 'Meet the Members'. 

• Question Time is often in the style of questions from a seated audience to a panel.
  • Meet the Members is less formal, and a chance to meet and chat with fellow members as well as Club Committee members.  Yesterday's event was organised by unpaid volunteers of the West Central Region of the Club - http://www.westcentralregion.co.uk/

Even if you do not go on rallies, it is worth joining your local centre as a way of airing your views to the Club hierachy.  There is no extra charge to join a Centre, and you are not obliged to attend Centre events.

Ian

brue replied on 18/06/2017 19:19

Posted on 18/06/2017 17:15 by BirchHillFarmCL

Hi Brue,
my wife posted on FaceBook about this event about the same time as we posted on CT - did you see mention of it elesewhere on Facebook?

Ian

Posted on 18/06/2017 19:19

Ian, when I saw your post I checked FB. I'm not a FB member so can only glance through (with a banner in the way) and didn't know who had posted the event news. I just wondered why the club didn't publicise this up in the events section on here at the top of the page under "What's On". I appreciate your efforts, hope you all had a good get together, looks like you had plenty of interest?

BirchHillFarmCL replied on 18/06/2017 22:10

Posted on 18/06/2017 19:19 by brue

Ian, when I saw your post I checked FB. I'm not a FB member so can only glance through (with a banner in the way) and didn't know who had posted the event news. I just wondered why the club didn't publicise this up in the events section on here at the top of the page under "What's On". I appreciate your efforts, hope you all had a good get together, looks like you had plenty of interest?

Posted on 18/06/2017 22:10

Hi Brue,
I was just an interested participant rather than one of the organisers (Janet is new to the Regional Committee and I did the driving & towing), but it was a really nice day, with over 100 people at each session (morning & evening).

As you saw, Janet and I used social media as soon as we spotted the omission and we have already suggested using social media to publicise similar future events.

Ian Kelly

01691 622951
Holiday@BirchHill.co.uk
Birch Hill, The Cross, Ellesmere, Shropshire, SY12 0LP
www.BirchHill.co.uk

Birch Hill Farm - an award-winning hideaway in the beautiful lake-lands of Shropshire - exclusively for members of the Caravan and Motorhome Club

dmiller555 replied on 19/06/2017 07:46

Posted on 19/06/2017 07:46

What is this forum if not "social media"?

I accept that some here can be rather unsociable at times but that is a matter for another day.

Lansdorf replied on 07/07/2017 23:49

Posted on 07/07/2017 23:49

I don't know what the issue is here. A small group members who are active at Centre and Regional level took time out to set up an informal meeting on one of our club sites. We just happened to be on the site at the time. We had no prior knowledge of the meeting and as previously stated in another post, this large site was full to capacity. The organisers went to great trouble the day before, to leaflet every van with details of the bacon butties and the evening cheese and wine. I would add that as far as we are concerned there was more publicity given to this small informal meeting than was given to the erstwhile fiasco of the "Caravaner of The Year" and the very costly issue of re branding the club.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook