Latest Club Magazine

wedgy replied on 07/03/2023 12:18

Posted on 07/03/2023 12:18

Had a quick look through the latest edition and it strikes me that the Club are on the defense regarding the "new improvement booking system" N.L. seems to be going to great pains to drill home the fact that it's a non profit making club and all moneys are ploughed back into improvements. With another full page extolling the bargains on offer with prices once again shown for one unit + 1 person - I wonder how many arrivals meet this criteria? And don't forget dogs go free as do awnings, for the time being!I get the feeling that someone has actually read some of the TripAdvisor reviews ( not the random unknown site reviews) and actually realised "the peasants are revolting" and decided to attempt to placate the membership befor revenue is adversely effected ?? 

Takethedogalong replied on 07/03/2023 12:47

Posted on 07/03/2023 12:47

It’s all going fine Wedgy, nothing to worry about. Hardly rated a mention back last October at the AGM. Carry On Regardless rather than Carry On Camping…..😉

DavidKlyne replied on 07/03/2023 13:54

Posted on 07/03/2023 13:54

The trouble with the pricing is that the minimum base price is one pitch plus one member and that is all that can be guaranteed. The fact that the usual combination might be two plus pitch, or one plus pitch plus child, and any other combination you can think of. Quoting pitch plus one is the obvious choice I would say. Don't forget also that it is the cheapest likely price. The site directory does give an extended version.

As to reviews negative or positive the Club just have to cut through the hyperbole and will probably only change things if they see the bottom line starting to be impacted?

David

wedgy replied on 07/03/2023 14:06

Posted on 07/03/2023 14:06

As to reviews negative or positive the Club just have to cut through the hyperbole and will probably only change things if they see the bottom line starting to be impacted?

David

Totally agree with that sentiment David 

wedgy replied on 07/03/2023 23:13

Posted on 07/03/2023 19:42 by JollyKernow

Wedgy, dogs and awnings will always go free. 

JK

Posted on 07/03/2023 23:13

I can well imagine a premium being applied to awning pitches and with regards to the canine owning membership I think any revenue increasing aspect will be considered under the current climate. Nothing is out of bounds as metered E.H.U.'s testing proves. 

peedee replied on 08/03/2023 08:21

Posted on 08/03/2023 08:21

If charging for dogs and awnings would make it cheaper for those without these, I would be all for it. It is what makes many commercial sites cheaper for us but I cannot see it happening any time soon. It would require more policing.

peedee

replied on 08/03/2023 09:24

Posted on 08/03/2023 08:21 by peedee

If charging for dogs and awnings would make it cheaper for those without these, I would be all for it. It is what makes many commercial sites cheaper for us but I cannot see it happening any time soon. It would require more policing.

peedee

Posted on 08/03/2023 09:24

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

DavidKlyne replied on 08/03/2023 09:40

Posted on 08/03/2023 08:21 by peedee

peedee

Posted on 08/03/2023 09:40

I suppose with the new menu based system it would be possible to have different prices for awnings and perhaps dogs. It would be one way of lowering the core price which could suit those that don't have either? Even a pound or two a night would make a difference. 

David

Arch replied on 08/03/2023 09:44

Posted on 08/03/2023 09:24 by

The dog charges are a complete closed issue  for the powers that be in this organisation.  I raised it at 2020 AGM and got the stock answer "no plans to charge"

Commercial sites here and abroad  almost invariably charge but it's a USP and very attractive  to the  club member demographic . 

Posted on 08/03/2023 09:44

They've thrown most of their usp out of the window so nothing is off the table.

wedgy replied on 08/03/2023 09:51

Posted on 08/03/2023 09:51

After giving up on the most important USP (the old booking system) absolutely nothing is off the table. As for dogs some sites have the appearance of Crufts car parks 🐕🐕🐕

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook