January 2024 Club Magazine

AlanS replied on 10/01/2024 22:12

Posted on 10/01/2024 22:12

Has anyone else not received their January 2024 Magazine ?

I had a spate of Club Magazines not being received from August 2023 onwards but did receive my December Issue, so am I alone in this problem ? 

JollyKernow replied on 11/01/2024 09:34

Posted on 11/01/2024 09:34

No you're not alone. There's a thread on here I think as well as information on this website. The magazines are sent out on time but it's pot luck who gets one and when. Our post in north Devon is only delivered weekly and even then parcels are always prioritised. I've only received 3 magazines in 6 months.

I've opted out of the mag now I'm not there, it's far easier reading it online so I won't go back to hard copy.

JK

BROUGH replied on 19/01/2024 14:24

Posted on 10/01/2024 22:12 by AlanS

Has anyone else not received their January 2024 Magazine ?

I had a spate of Club Magazines not being received from August 2023 onwards but did receive my December Issue, so am I alone in this problem ? 

Posted on 19/01/2024 14:24

We usually receive the magazine OK but have not received the January issue. Our son who lives in the same postal district as us hasn’t received his issues since August. So what is going on?

JollyKernow replied on 19/01/2024 18:38

Posted on 19/01/2024 14:24 by BROUGH

We usually receive the magazine OK but have not received the January issue. Our son who lives in the same postal district as us hasn’t received his issues since August. So what is going on?

Posted on 19/01/2024 18:38

Ask your local post office.

JK

bigel replied on 12/02/2024 15:51

Posted on 12/02/2024 15:51

I have not received any club magazines since last Sept/ Oct I thin. They did send me 2 from Nov/Dec I think but have had nothing since despite e mailing them yet again about this. And its not the postman or Royal Mail  as I get mail daily and get the CCC magazine on time every month and cant see the Royal Mail keeping hundreds of Club magazines to themselves . So what exactly is the problem with these. After all we are paying for this  and other benefits of course before anyone jumps down my throat but we are not getting our full membership. 

Peter Darkin replied on 13/02/2024 12:04

Posted on 19/01/2024 14:24 by BROUGH

Posted on 13/02/2024 12:04

Last August would appear  to be the time of change.  Having received the magazine regularly for the last 52 years, it suddenly stopped.

An email in October resulted in the September and October issues being sent and another in December produced the November and December issues.  With nothing arriving in January my usual email received a reply saying that Januarys edition would be posted but that I might also receive a second copy.  I took this to mean that I was now back in the system.

No second copy arrived, nor did the January edition.

I have today emailed yet again suggesting that the club might be trying to force members to use the on line copy in preference to the printed version.  I hate reading any magazine on line and my wife would find it very difficult because she prefers to read the magazine in bed.

I considered producing a standard email and setting up my pc to dispatch it automatically every month.

Being rather stubborn I intend to persist with my emails to the club until things are  resolved.

Peter Darkin    

DavidKlyne replied on 13/02/2024 16:09

Posted on 13/02/2024 16:09

I don't quite understand why there is an issue with the Club magazine. I tend to get most of them but have had missing copies and yet I always get my C&CC and MMM magazines without problems. I did wonder if it was anything to do with the way they are packed as the paper wrapper can disintegrate when wet and I wonder if that might be the reason they are disappearing? 

David

Hja replied on 13/02/2024 20:50

Posted on 13/02/2024 20:50

My Gardeners World Magazine is in a paper wrapper with no problem. Not that I gat a problem with CAMC mag either.

ScreenNameF9261EF48A replied on 14/02/2024 13:50

Posted on 14/02/2024 13:50

Omg I'm glad it's not only us! We have had several communications with the Caravan Club ie emails, phone conversations etc. 

This seems to have happened since the new system was introduced last year, co incidental or not?

We also received an air tag amongst the post in January which was wet but appeared to fall out of the paper envelope? 

The Caravan Club need to look into this and inform members.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook