Iphone apps

crusader replied on 12/01/2018 14:30

Posted on 12/01/2018 14:30

if your iPhone has a software update 11.2.2 you will find certain apps will not work because the owners of the apps have not updated them to work on the new software update.

These include the Green Flag App and Flogas App, there is a new Green Flag (Mayday) app but that will ask you for a email address and a password neither of which you will have as you arrange it through the club

Paul

Garry Levesley replied on 25/04/2018 19:08

Posted on 25/04/2018 19:08

I can’t get the club site booking app to work. When I try to log in it just crashes. Reported on the online chat over a week ago. No acknowledgement of the issue from the IT department and it still isn’t working 

peedee replied on 26/04/2018 07:04

Posted on 26/04/2018 07:04

I find it difficult to understand why anyone buys/leases the more expensive and difficult to use IoS products. I think Android products are much better served and easier to use.

peedee

SteveL replied on 26/04/2018 07:42

Posted on 25/04/2018 19:08 by Garry Levesley

I can’t get the club site booking app to work. When I try to log in it just crashes. Reported on the online chat over a week ago. No acknowledgement of the issue from the IT department and it still isn’t working 

Posted on 26/04/2018 07:42

Working OK today both on my iPad which due to age is stuck on 10.3.3 and on my phone on iOS 11.3.

SteveL replied on 26/04/2018 07:47

Posted on 26/04/2018 07:04 by peedee

I find it difficult to understand why anyone buys/leases the more expensive and difficult to use IoS products. I think Android products are much better served and easier to use.

peedee

Posted on 26/04/2018 07:47

Just shows we are all different peedee. I think the same about Android. I find iOS products very easy to use.  Although would agree about the more expensive ones as far as price is concerned, they are no more difficult to use. We are quite happy with our older iPhones, which are currently still upgradable to the latest iOS. Mine can even be replaced at less than half the cost of the iphone 10.

peedee replied on 26/04/2018 08:06

Posted on 26/04/2018 08:06

Steve I was judging the difficulty of use on App usage not on the user interface which was, at one time, the world leader.

peedee

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 26/04/2018 09:06

Posted on 26/04/2018 07:04 by peedee

peedee

Posted on 26/04/2018 09:06

I have both PD, the most annoying about the IOS platform is the fact they make it hard to use 3rd party bolt ons whereas Android?, it’s seamless to use them them. Yet IOS will sell you their price inflated bolt ons😤. Saying that the IPad takes some beating no doubt about that👍🏻

Kontikiboy replied on 27/04/2018 23:11

Posted on 27/04/2018 23:11

For me the iPhones in this day and age are a blessing; the Apple stable are all encrypted, no one else has that level of security or reassurance. Even the FBI could not get into them!

Recently, I was approached by Norton, my laptop security solution, to add mobile Norton to my mobile phone.   After several attemtps to load it, it failed to load.   When I spoke to Norton support they said because I had an iPhone I didn't need their mobile app, because I was encrypted....

Thats why I have an iPhone rather than any of the others.

BillC

brue replied on 28/04/2018 07:59

Posted on 28/04/2018 07:59

I'm afraid I'd never regard any internet access as secure so whether it's an i phone or android they're as secure as you believe they are. wink

Kontikiboy replied on 28/04/2018 09:16

Posted on 28/04/2018 09:16

Hi Brue, I dont disagree with you.     I didnt say that Apple devices are secure.    If I thought that I would not have attempted to load Norton Mobile.   Having spent 25 years in IT & Telecoms security I consider all aspects of layered security and try to protect myself.

Most of the time its not the device but the actions of the user.   We all must take care when using the Internet.    Many of those who fall foul do so because of the way they use the Internet, by leaving their mark all over the web and by opening mail and attachments when they dont know who they are from.     And not having adequate protection on the device.

I am sure some members will learn something from this string which will help them as they go forward.      

BillC

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook