Grenville at Warwick RC

GodivaNige replied on 07/04/2018 22:02

Posted on 07/04/2018 22:02

Met the Club Chairman today, he was wearing shades but I spotted him despite his disguise, and said hello. A thoroughly nice friendly chap, we had a brief but very pleasant exchange. He was on his way through towards home from a tour of Ireland with an stop over at Warwick. We’re here for the Half Marathon happening tomorrow and Grenville passed on his best wishes for the race.

I did tell him how pleased I am that the Club have adopted a rolling booking system and I explained why, as amateur sports participants, how this helps us plan the future events we wish to enter.

A handshake then he was on his way. Nice bloke who seemed perfectly happy to take time out and chat to me.

All the best Grenville, hope you had a safe final leg of your tour. (Just watch those steep grassy inclines, they can bite <wink>)

DavidKlyne replied on 07/04/2018 23:52

Posted on 07/04/2018 23:52

I have met him a few times and alway found him a very pleasant person. He has changed to a motorhome now so I expect grassy inclines are a thing of the past, fun television thoughwink

David

Kennine replied on 08/04/2018 10:04

Posted on 08/04/2018 10:04

At least he was not let loose on a caravan outfit.    Ripping the back off his caravan was the highlight of the COTY ...TV  programme, surprised

Never met him, but he always reminds me of Arthur Brough's character  Mr Grainger in " Are You Being Served "

smile

DSB replied on 21/04/2018 08:48

Posted on 21/04/2018 08:48

I believe Grenville had just been across for the Irish National - I guess you met him on the way back  He's a good chap, and apart from the much quoted incident, I know works extremely hard for the Club.  He swapped to a Motorhome a little while ago as he felt, with lots of very short stays on site, it was more appropriate for him and his wife.  He's one of these folk, that in a large group of people he will always find a way of saying hello to everyone and is incredible at learning and remembering people's names.

David

Cornersteady replied on 21/04/2018 12:41

Posted on 21/04/2018 12:41

I've stayed at Warwick just for one night while travelling to our final site. Despite the 'jokes' above (always use any chance to have a go eh? )  I think it's good to know that our club Chair actually does the same and uses club sites .smile

Of course if he was chair of the CCC, they don't allow one night stays I believesmile

cyberyacht replied on 21/04/2018 16:15

Posted on 21/04/2018 08:48 by DSB

I believe Grenville had just been across for the Irish National - I guess you met him on the way back  He's a good chap, and apart from the much quoted incident, I know works extremely hard for the Club.  He swapped to a Motorhome a little while ago as he felt, with lots of very short stays on site, it was more appropriate for him and his wife.  He's one of these folk, that in a large group of people he will always find a way of saying hello to everyone and is incredible at learning and remembering people's names.

David

Posted on 21/04/2018 16:15

Our vicar has that skill. Useful in his line of work. On a good day, I can remember my own.

DSB replied on 21/04/2018 16:23

Posted on 21/04/2018 16:15 by cyberyacht

Our vicar has that skill. Useful in his line of work. On a good day, I can remember my own.

Posted on 21/04/2018 16:23

I know exactly how you feel CY.  I have to write my name at the bottom of each post..... It helps me remember.

David

nelliethehooker replied on 21/04/2018 20:20

Posted on 21/04/2018 20:20

We arrived on the club's old Wenlock Edge site and when we'd pitch up the warden told us that we were on the same pitch that Grenville had been on till that day. I wonder if it was his impression of the site that lead to it's closure?wink 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook