Free Lottery tickets

anotherpensioner replied on 31/05/2018 07:07

Posted on 31/05/2018 07:07

Morning all. In this months magazine(June). There is an offer of 10 free lottery tickets. Which to all intents & purposes reads as though it is a thankyou for being a reader of the magazine, and comes from the head of "customer sevice". No such thing. It is from a "lottery syndicate" which want you to join. Which costs you as I understand it, £6 on a Wed. & £6 on a Sat. For three months. Totalling £144. This is totally misleading & should not in my opinion be in this magazine. I think the only free thing I have received from the club is a sticker to say I have been a member for twenty years.

SteveL replied on 31/05/2018 09:21

Posted on 31/05/2018 09:21

What page is it on. I've had a flip through and can't see anything. Is it perhaps a regional addition, ours is NWM. Don't know why when we live in the East Midlands.🤔

peedee replied on 31/05/2018 11:21

Posted on 31/05/2018 09:21 by SteveL

What page is it on. I've had a flip through and can't see anything. Is it perhaps a regional addition, ours is NWM. Don't know why when we live in the East Midlands.🤔

Posted on 31/05/2018 11:21

It was a flyer in a plain envelope included with the rest of the advertising material that comes with the magazine. It all went straight into the bin after glancing at it. I too don't think such items as this should be included in a Club magazine.

peedee

SteveL replied on 31/05/2018 13:24

Posted on 31/05/2018 13:24

Thanks PD. That explains it then. Any flyers go straight to recycling. 

As the club, even in the unlikely event of a freebe, is unlikely to send it in that manner, we should be fairly safe in continuing the practice.😀

Cornersteady replied on 31/05/2018 13:41

Posted on 31/05/2018 11:21 by peedee

It was a flyer in a plain envelope included with the rest of the advertising material that comes with the magazine. It all went straight into the bin after glancing at it. I too don't think such items as this should be included in a Club magazine.

peedee

Posted on 31/05/2018 13:41

I hope you mean the recyling bin there PD? smile

Bakers2 replied on 31/05/2018 14:08

peedee

Posted on 31/05/2018 14:08

My method of dealing with whatever isn't actually the magazine. I did note the unaddressed envelope but didn't expend energy opening. I wouldn't have fallen for it but should the club be promoting this sort of 'offer'? I assume the club know what the content of the fliers they are are? I know they will claim it's additional income to keep our subs and fees lower etc etc but do they not owe members a duty of care to avoid such 'offers' after all it was included by what many consider a well trusted supplier to our hobby?

Maybe we could have an authoritive comment from a senior member of staff regarding this particular offer? Or even the others that they routinely include. In fact to ensure that the thread may possibly 😉 be bought to the clubs attention someone could report my post? Thanks.

On the whole I subscribe to the view if it looks too good to be true it probably is, but there are some who don't and the fact it came with a trusted publication they could be caught out.

DavidKlyne replied on 31/05/2018 16:37

peedee

Posted on 31/05/2018 16:37

I imagine these flyers are added by the magazine distributors rather than the Club although I expect the Club indicates they should be hobby related? Mind you I would need to win the lottery to be able to buy a Niesmann Bischoff motorhome, and many half their pricewink

David

KeefySher replied on 31/05/2018 20:23

Posted on 31/05/2018 19:18 by cyberyacht

I'd just settle for the magazine. I'm still waiting for this months one.

Posted on 31/05/2018 20:23

Weather turned, such that you need a fire lighter? cool

There is an App for it available now tongue-out

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook