Ferry booking changes

davebakerpurton replied on 28/07/2016 09:55

Posted on 28/07/2016 09:55

Recently we had to change 2 ferry bookings, one through the Club with DFDS, and one through Direct Ferres also with DFDS, the costs were as follows, through the club £20 to the club + £8 for DFDS. through Direct Ferries £8 to DFDS. then when I had to query a payment the club told me to contact DFDS and gave me a premium rated 0871 number, when there is a normal rated 0191 number.

Nice to know they still look after our interests

SteveL replied on 28/07/2016 10:15

Posted on 28/07/2016 10:15

Last time we went we did book through the club. However, it was a ridiculously good deal with DFDS, although the bookings were non changeable. So if we had needed to change we would have just booked something else. When we go again, after reading comments on CT, the CC will have to be a lot less to convince me to use it. Not only is there the extra charge for alterations, if you need to change anything on a weekend, I understand there is nobody to contact.

replied on 28/07/2016 11:31

Posted on 28/07/2016 11:31

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

SteveL replied on 28/07/2016 11:59

Posted on 28/07/2016 11:59

SteveL, if you have to contact them out of CC hours you just phone the ferry operator direct.

Does that work for all operators? I seem to recall someone on here saying that the ferry operator was unable to change it as this had to be done through the agent. Perhaps I misunderstood. In which case I would be happier to use them. We are unlikely to change our booking, except if we had to come home in a hurry. So as long as I could do this at a weekend I would be happy.

Tammygirl replied on 28/07/2016 13:54

Posted on 28/07/2016 13:54

SteveL, if you have to contact them out of CC hours you just phone the ferry operator direct.

Does that work for all operators? I seem to recall someone on here saying that the ferry operator was unable to change it as this had to be done through the agent. Perhaps I misunderstood. In which case I would be happier to use them. We are unlikely to change our booking, except if we had to come home in a hurry. So as long as I could do this at a weekend I would be happy.

.I remember that a member of CC staff said on here that CC had an agreement with the operators that out of hours the operators could/would make the changes. Not sure if that is all operators so probably best to confirm that before commiting to a booking. 

Wherenext replied on 28/07/2016 16:35

Posted on 28/07/2016 16:35

Write your comments here... We've turned up at ferry terminals and changed our return date to an earlier one and had no problem with various ferry operators handling that request even though the original booking was with the club. No admin fee to the club either.

If they make themselves difficult to deal with then what do they expect? If they are in the leisure industry then they should operate 7 days a week.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook