Dog leads (closed)

bobngill replied on 04/12/2016 13:12

Posted on 04/12/2016 13:12

It would seem to have become a custom and practice for dog owners to be using extra long leads when walking their dogs around the caravan club sites allowing them to roam away from the road way onto the grass areas around people's caravans and urinating on the grass and up the sides of awnings and windbreaks (and this is not foxes). This has happened on more than one occasion and I strongly object to have to wash my awning because of other people's thoughtlessness. I have witnessed dog owners chatting to each other on the roadway allowing their dogs to wander and urinate on other people's pitches and sometimes entering the awning itself. Not everyone is a dog lover. My two 2 year old grandchildren love to roll around and play on the grass outside our caravan and this is putting their health at risk by dogs being allowed to use the grass areas as toilets. The caravan club should insist that all dogs being walked around the sites should be kept on short leads thus ensuring a safer and cleaner environment for everyone.

Moderator Edit:

Hello Bobngill and welcome to Club Together.

As mentioned in posts here, we have a dedicated thread concerning 'Caravanning with dogs' in which we ask that all such matters are posted.

I appreciate that you are new to the forum and perhaps overlooked >>> this <<< thread.

It is recommended that, where possible, you take up any issues directly with the site staff. 

If we can help in any way, please ask.

EmilysDad replied on 04/12/2016 13:26

Posted on 04/12/2016 13:26

Yawn .... Sealed

If you go to the correct 'dogs' section , it's all been moaned about before ...... many many times.

replied on 04/12/2016 13:51

Posted on 04/12/2016 13:51

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Kennine replied on 04/12/2016 14:52

Posted on 04/12/2016 14:52

It is a sad state of affairs when a new member of the forum cannot start a thread without somebody complaining that sometime in the past the subject has already been discussed on the forum and then making derisory comments about the OP.. 

If by accident the thread is in the wrong section, the helpful mods will soon move it to the correct one. 

May I suggest that we should all go out of our way to make new members feel welcome and their opinions valued  Otherwise this forum will be diminished. --If there are some who cannot bring themselves to do that, they could choose to refrain from the thread.

Cheers...................K 

Tinwheeler replied on 04/12/2016 14:52

We're told by the CM in the dogs thread that all such complaints should be made to the site warden at the time.

Did you do that, Bob?

Milothedog replied on 04/12/2016 14:52

I went to our local last Sunday for a couple of pints and Sunday lunch. I wish the young couple not far away had kept their 3 kids on short leads and quietSad

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook