Displayed site pricing on the Website

Rob Baber replied on 25/04/2019 11:14

Posted on 25/04/2019 11:14

Good Morning folks

Just spent an hour checking details and printing leaflets for upcoming trips. I noticed the pricing in big bold letters on each Club Site page. Underneath in smaller text it states that this based o a Club Member + One adult. Cant help thinking that is a little misleading. It is not often that a Caravan or Motorhome arrives on a site with less than 2 adults. Would it not be more indicative to state the price based on 2 adults ??

replied on 25/04/2019 11:21

Posted on 25/04/2019 11:21

An old discussion topic wink and done to death. The price says 'from' and indeed could not be lower. laughing

Wildwood replied on 27/04/2019 15:32

Posted on 27/04/2019 15:32

They did used to quote for the unit plus two. I suppose the new pricing makes things look cheap until you try to book and then you feel cheated. Looking at other sites pricing two people seems the norm so the club look to be out of step.

replied on 27/04/2019 17:19

Posted on 27/04/2019 15:32 by Wildwood

They did used to quote for the unit plus two. I suppose the new pricing makes things look cheap until you try to book and then you feel cheated. Looking at other sites pricing two people seems the norm so the club look to be out of step.

Posted on 27/04/2019 17:19

Not sure that the club is necessarily that far out of step. Many give a price that covers up to two adults. Most, sensibly do not give a minimum price..... just a price list 

replied on 29/04/2019 11:30

Posted on 29/04/2019 11:30

I could not believe that site fees for 2019 are no longer listed in the current handbook, something that has always been includes in the year of issue. Further I could not find a pricing schedule on the web site. I may be wrong, but I could only find prices by virtually making a site reservation. On making enquires, I was a told that this is because we can now book a year in advance. Further enquires have revealed that the club have a separate booklet with all the prices for 2019 listed and I now have a hard copy. So the information is there if you ask for it. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 29/04/2019 11:48

Posted on 29/04/2019 11:48

As long as the sums add up at the end-jobs a gud un👍🏻. Caveat emptor.

JVB66 replied on 29/04/2019 11:55

Posted on 29/04/2019 11:30 by

I could not believe that site fees for 2019 are no longer listed in the current handbook, something that has always been includes in the year of issue. Further I could not find a pricing schedule on the web site. I may be wrong, but I could only find prices by virtually making a site reservation. On making enquires, I was a told that this is because we can now book a year in advance. Further enquires have revealed that the club have a separate booklet with all the prices for 2019 listed and I now have a hard copy. So the information is there if you ask for it. 

Posted on 29/04/2019 11:55

Ring CC HO and ask for 2019 price list it is available as it is on line,the reason given for not giving site prices in current sites guide is that as last year all prices are available on line or via a supplement if needed via HO

replied on 03/05/2019 09:26

Posted on 29/04/2019 11:30 by

Posted on 03/05/2019 09:26

Prices are on the site web page clearly displayed. The ones that used to be in the handbook were often out of date by the second year covered by sites book

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook