Digital Membership

fatbelly replied on 21/11/2017 08:13

Posted on 21/11/2017 08:13

I see the C&CC do a reduced fee for "Digital Membership" where you don't get a print copy of the magazine. I wish our Club would do this, I do browse through the magazine but I could do without it if it meant a reduction in my annual membership fee.

SteveL replied on 21/11/2017 09:39

Posted on 21/11/2017 09:39

Doesn't the C&CC reduced fee also not include a copy of the site book?

I agree with you the option would be nice, we hardly ever look at the site book anyhow, and I am happy with the online magazine. ( OH likes the hard copy though) Although it would not appeal to many who do want both. 

I suppose it would depend on if the number going for the digital option could be financed by the cost saving. I assume the C&CC find it financially viable, so would be worth a try.

Tinwheeler replied on 21/11/2017 10:30

Posted on 21/11/2017 10:30

Correct, Steve. C&CC digital membership does do away with the sites book.

For me, it has to be a hard copy of the sites book. How on earth could we rely solely on this website for finding sites when out and about?

I couldn’t care less about the magazine. 

Kennine replied on 21/11/2017 10:45

Posted on 21/11/2017 10:45

We took digital membership with the C&CC as soon as it was available. It has worked really well for us.  All the site information is on their website, which we look at prior to going on tour. (We use google earth to find the precise site location). If when on tour, we need any additional info, WIFI is available at their sites or on thousands of free WIFI points across the country. We have no need for a sites book or a monthly magazine. 

Vicmallows replied on 21/11/2017 15:40

Posted on 21/11/2017 15:40

What both clubs need is a Site application which can be used truly offline, contains ALL the information  (including reviews) which is available online, and which automatically updates whenever you have a WiFi connection available.

ACSI can manage this  ... and even store it sensibly on your device (rather than using up your limited primary storage on some older devices).

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook