Club Magazine & Digital Membership

fatbelly replied on 27/03/2018 16:03

Posted on 27/03/2018 16:03

Just received this months copy of the Club mag. I've not read the past 2 months editions yet & probably won't. I wish the club would offer a cheaper online digital membership option like the other club. Give people the choice & those want the mag fine they'll just pay a little bit more. I contacted the club asking for a digital option & I was told they will not be offering a digital only option in the near future. Why not, we're the customers & if enough of us want it then surely they should respond to the market.

SteveL replied on 27/03/2018 16:50

Posted on 27/03/2018 16:50

I think the digital membership for the other club, also excludes the site details book. Would you be happy to do without that as well, as I think a pick and mix membership would be over complicated.

Personally we hardly use the book so it would not bother me, although OH likes the hard copy of the magazine, so we probably would not change.

In any event I think the club make to much from advertising and this could well be compromised if many folk opted out.

Cornersteady replied on 27/03/2018 20:35

Posted on 27/03/2018 20:35

I don't quite fully get your point FB, If we were talking about something that really affects us as customers of the club, for example what actually happens on booking a site, insurance service, or what actually happens while you stay on site then yes I agree, but you're talking about a magazine and a few pounds reduction in your membership fee, is that really more important to you, the deal breaker if you like, than what happens on site? 

Again this is the club's stance, and either pay up to use the club's main selling point (it's services and sites) or don't. But personally I wouldn't base my decision on the magazine. I also like a hard copy, I do the same with books and my Kindle, I like both.

Anyway like Steve it probably brings in a lot of income for the club and maybe membership fees would have to rise if they lost that? 

Kennine replied on 30/03/2018 11:09

Posted on 30/03/2018 11:09

I took digital membership  of the Friendly club as soon as it became available to the membership and never regretted it, The annual membership fee was reduced but that was not the main consideration. All I ever needed to know was all on-Line. 

I'm sure there will be many members of the CMC who would like the option of a full fat membership at the full rate or a Digital membership at a reduced annual rate.  Giving customers a choice is what good business is about. 

In this 21st century ( the Digital Age ) companies should embrace available technology.. I recognize there will still be those who like the monthly advertisement brochure sent to their homes, that is their choice. but likewise those who prefer to move with technological advance should also be allowed a choice. 

cool

Takethedogalong replied on 30/03/2018 16:25

Posted on 30/03/2018 16:25

Some of us like a handbook. Very useful if touring and you are on a site with no wifi and want to move on........

peedee replied on 30/03/2018 22:36

Posted on 30/03/2018 22:36

CS some of us make very little use of the Club's services and can quite easily manage with just digital facilities.

peedee

Cornersteady replied on 31/03/2018 09:19

Posted on 30/03/2018 22:36 by peedee

CS some of us make very little use of the Club's services and can quite easily manage with just digital facilities.

peedee

Posted on 31/03/2018 09:19

Excellent, what a relief, I was worried.

But remove the income from advertising and maybe those services may have to be cut back?

moulesy replied on 31/03/2018 11:46

Posted on 31/03/2018 11:46

Purely out of interest, has anyone seen any figures reflecting the C&CC's offer of digital membership? I seem to remember it was something like a fiver less, not enough to persuade us,  and I suspect many others to change. Both club's magazines are equally dire (IMHO) but at least the C&CC include monthly features on local food markets and producers, and details of rallies etc. smile

brue replied on 31/03/2018 18:55

Posted on 31/03/2018 18:55

I find the C&CC magazine so useful for all the rally details that a digital version, even if cheaper, holds no interest.

I can't imagine what the CAMC digital version might be like, if only they'd list the rallies in the mag I'd be more than happy because, digitally, on here the rally searches are truly awful.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook