Classified advertisements misleading

Del Sandy replied on 15/10/2017 23:42

Posted on 15/10/2017 23:42

Hi All, I have been looking through the classified to find some accessories. Unless I am missing something buying prices are not being put on the adverts correctly;

Several ads show the price as £0.00 but right at the end of the description the true cost is given. I assume this is to get their whole advertisement read.

£0.00 is deliberately misleading unless it is offered as Free.

Why are these advertisements allowed to be put on the system, it should be outlined that £0.00 can only be used if the item is for free.

This must break advertising rules!

Whats your thoughts?

Cheers

Derek and Sandra

DavidKlyne replied on 16/10/2017 09:36

Posted on 16/10/2017 09:36

I will highlight this to the Community Manager but the cause maybe the way the individual member sets up the advertisement as I noticed that whilst some have no price it is included in the main body of the text. I am not sure if it is still the case but the Classified adverts are not run by the Club.

David

Helen Aaron replied on 18/10/2017 11:06

Posted on 18/10/2017 11:06

Hi Derek and Sandra,

David is right, our Classifieds section of the website is managed on behalf of the Club by Caravans For Sale (part of the Friday Ad Group).

People can select a price or select "none" on the first page. Personally I think anyone doing that hinders themselves as it may imply the item for sale isn't a bargain and the price is therefore hidden. I wouldn't assume the item is being given away for free. 

All adverts are placed at owners responsibility. 

(FYI Any ad you place on Caravan and Motorhome Club Classifieds will also automatically appear on the Caravans For Sale website guaranteeing extra exposure)

Good luck selling your item.

Helen

RowenaBCAMC replied on 19/10/2017 14:13

Posted on 19/10/2017 14:13

Hi everyone, to add to what Helen has advised, this has now been changed back to a required/mandatory field, for some reason it had been changed to optional. Please let us know if you notice any new listings with no prices your end and we will keep a close eye this end. Many thanks. 

replied on 19/10/2017 17:16

Posted on 18/10/2017 11:06 by Helen Aaron

Hi Derek and Sandra,

David is right, our Classifieds section of the website is managed on behalf of the Club by Caravans For Sale (part of the Friday Ad Group).

People can select a price or select "none" on the first page. Personally I think anyone doing that hinders themselves as it may imply the item for sale isn't a bargain and the price is therefore hidden. I wouldn't assume the item is being given away for free. 

All adverts are placed at owners responsibility. 

(FYI Any ad you place on Caravan and Motorhome Club Classifieds will also automatically appear on the Caravans For Sale website guaranteeing extra exposure)

Good luck selling your item.

Helen

Posted on 19/10/2017 17:16

I advertised a full awning and asked in add for a contribution to charity.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook