Car weights

Skar1962 replied on 06/06/2017 17:18

Posted on 06/06/2017 17:18

As I read the club magazine and see adverts for potential tow cars, I ask myself why does the club not insist that the manufacturers publish their kerb weights? After all, the kerb weight is one of the most important figures for towing. I often see figures for MPG, CO2 and BHP, but never the weight.  I invariably have to dig around to try and find out if the car is heavy enough to fulfill the 85% guidelines for my Caravan.

I am aware the weight of a vehicle can vary greatly dependent on specification, but a range of weights would be useful.

Is this wishful thinking? Is there a logical reason as to why we don't see these figures in a Caravanning magazine ( and it's not just the club magazine, the same case applies to the commercial Caravanning magazines as well).

EJB986 replied on 06/06/2017 19:18

Posted on 06/06/2017 19:18

I don't think the 'Club' is in a position to demand anything from industry.

That is why they don't criticise products that are 'tested' in the magazine, apart from the fact that they don't have staff qualified to do thatwink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook