Bring back the old website until all sorted

DEBSC replied on 19/12/2016 13:49

Posted on 19/12/2016 13:49

This is not good. I reported a real problem with the new website on here last week, I was then told by a member of staff to put this query on the 'LIVE' Ask An Expert site. Like numerous other members I have done this but received no response and the problem still exists. I appreciate that the IT people are probably trying to sort this all out and it takes time but.. For me, and by the posts of many others the CC website does not now work for us. Until these very many numerous problems are sorted why cant the old website be reinstated until this one is removed and redesigned again. The CC website is their window to the world, and their members major aid to booking sites, keeping in touch, checking the classifieds adds (which is as good as useless now). I think members will give the CC much more credit for just admitting there are huge problems and sorting them out in the background and not while we are all trying to navigate around them. Most of us will soon just stop trying! 

EJB986 replied on 19/12/2016 14:19

Posted on 19/12/2016 14:19

As one in a million members I don't think we count for much.

I interpreted that from one of the staffs posts a few days ago!

Kennine replied on 19/12/2016 14:50

Posted on 19/12/2016 14:50

Not good is it...  But remember, nobody at Grimstead Towers is going to admit to being the person who specified the requirements for this new Website. Or to come out and defend their choices.

It's obvious that senior management were happy to put their new software into the public domain and it must be slightly disconcerting for them to read that very few CC customers think it is a modern "state of the art"  advert for the products the CC has to offer.

Cheers..........................K

KeefySher replied on 19/12/2016 15:04

Posted on 19/12/2016 14:50 by Kennine

Not good is it...  But remember, nobody at Grimstead Towers is going to admit to being the person who specified the requirements for this new Website. Or to come out and defend their choices.

It's obvious that senior management were happy to put their new software into the public domain and it must be slightly disconcerting for them to read that very few CC customers think it is a modern "state of the art"  advert for the products the CC has to offer.

Cheers..........................K

Posted on 19/12/2016 15:04

'Straight from the Ark', is the term you were seeking tongue-out

DavidKlyne replied on 19/12/2016 15:15

Posted on 19/12/2016 15:15

This idea has already been suggested here, with mixed views! to avoid duplication I will close this one and ask everyone to contribute in the original thread.

Thanks

David

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook