booking confirmation

Hja replied on 13/04/2024 20:55

Posted on 13/04/2024 20:55

I dont think I have booked a Club site since the new booking system became operable until the other day. How long does it take before I can expect the email confirmation? I booked on 9th April, the deposit has been taken out of the bank, and the booking is on "my bookings". I did take a screen shot of the booking reference which includes deposit paid and balance is to be paid on arrival.  But I have yet to receive an email. It is not in "junk". Other much smaller sites send emails pretty much straight away. I wasnt expecting that from the Club (from what I had read on here) However I did expect something by now.  What are others' experiences?  Thanks.

Cornersteady replied on 13/04/2024 21:13

Posted on 13/04/2024 21:13

On my last two bookings they arrived certainly on the same day and I think within a few minutes of completing the booking looking at the times the emails were sent and when I roughly recall doing the booking.

Have you checked your email address as stored by the club?

DavidKlyne replied on 14/04/2024 00:15

Posted on 14/04/2024 00:15

They are not as quick as the old system but as CS said they usually arrive fairly quickly after booking, perhaps half an hour or so at the most. I would have thought you should get email confirmations regardless of what you have set up to allow the Club to contact you but it might be something else to check.

David

Hja replied on 14/04/2024 10:40

Posted on 14/04/2024 10:40

Thank you for this. They certainly have the correct email address. I have checked, but they also send me loads of advertising emails.

I am not overly worried because the booking is on My Bookings. I just like something “in writing” I can take with me.

If I can feel sufficiently motivated I will email the club.

Cornersteady replied on 15/04/2024 16:22

Posted on 14/04/2024 10:40 by Hja

Thank you for this. They certainly have the correct email address. I have checked, but they also send me loads of advertising emails.

I am not overly worried because the booking is on My Bookings. I just like something “in writing” I can take with me.

If I can feel sufficiently motivated I will email the club.

Posted on 15/04/2024 16:22

The booking emails have a different issuing address in the title to the everyday ones that arrive for adverts.

Rather than Caravan and Motorhome Club and then theclub@mailing.camc.com it will say

uksitesbookingservices@camc.com

Perhaps they are going into your spam folder?

Hja replied on 15/04/2024 19:52

Posted on 15/04/2024 16:22 by Cornersteady

The booking emails have a different issuing address in the title to the everyday ones that arrive for adverts.

Rather than Caravan and Motorhome Club and then theclub@mailing.camc.com it will say

Posted on 15/04/2024 19:52

thanks for that. I have searched on that address - but nothing, and nothing in Junk. 'Tis a mystery.

LizLucy replied on 17/04/2024 17:19

Posted on 15/04/2024 16:22 by Cornersteady

Posted on 17/04/2024 17:19

I had a similar issue the other day. About a year ago I changed my email address under the "my profile" section, but the booking confirmations still carried on going to the old address. Didn't notice immediately, but I'm now not using the old address much at all (preparation for moving away from our current broadband supplier who "owns" the old address). I emailed the club and they say they have updated my details on the booking system, you can't change this email address yourself!

Hja replied on 17/04/2024 21:48

Posted on 17/04/2024 17:19 by LizLucy

I had a similar issue the other day. About a year ago I changed my email address under the "my profile" section, but the booking confirmations still carried on going to the old address. Didn't notice immediately, but I'm now not using the old address much at all (preparation for moving away from our current broadband supplier who "owns" the old address). I emailed the club and they say they have updated my details on the booking system, you can't change this email address yourself!

Posted on 17/04/2024 21:48

Ah! That may explain it all. I changed my email address about 2 years ago, but this will be the first site I have booked since then. I too changed my email address in My Profile. I dont have any access to the previous email address, it is defunct. I have emailed the Club, before your response, so I will see what comes back.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook