Adding Reviews

Sues replied on 06/01/2017 07:15

Posted on 06/01/2017 07:15

I'm trying to add a review following our New Year break.  I've found (well I think I have) how to do this on the new website but I get a message saying that I've already added a review.

Are we now only able to add one review regardless of how many times we visit a particular site?  Please don't think I review after every break away but if I feel that something has been particularly good (or even bad) I like to share the experience to help others when making their choice of site.  

All constructive advice very welcome and thanks in anticipation of your responses.

brue replied on 06/01/2017 09:04

Posted on 06/01/2017 09:04

Did you complete the review and post it? I added a review and tried to edit and got the same message as you, the review had already gone through. This was on a site I'd reviewed previously but not recently. I would guess the IT people are aware of all these problems and it will be good to see a fix.

Sues replied on 06/01/2017 22:08

Posted on 06/01/2017 22:08

I didnt even get as far as writing it. I got the message every time I clicked on the "review this site" button.

It must be about two years since I reviewed the site and assumed that there was no restrictions to the number of times you could leave a comment. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for your feedback.

SteveL replied on 06/01/2017 23:28

Posted on 06/01/2017 23:28

I just checked and have found the same. We went to Longleat in July 2015 and I left a review. When I tried a few minutes ago it came up that I could not leave another as I had already left one. So it seems you can only review a site once. It would seem they do not want you to say something has improved or not. Although most probably just another thing to add to the list of needs fixing.

brue replied on 07/01/2017 09:27

Posted on 07/01/2017 09:27

I'm guessing there is a time limit but as there is no edit function either I hope I both problems are part of the fix list too?

DavidKlyne replied on 07/01/2017 10:26

Posted on 07/01/2017 10:26

I have just checked Chatsworth where we stayed in December and I get the same message when I try to leave a review. I saw somewhere that they had Deleted User many old reviews, over two years old I think. My own review count went down from something like 70 to 16!!! Perhaps they just think they are getting too many reviews and are limiting it to one per site per member? It would be nice to know.

David

brue replied on 07/01/2017 10:32

Posted on 07/01/2017 10:32

I can't really believe they don't want repeat reviews from users as positive reviews must boost general site usage. It looks like we'll have to wait for an answer. 

nelliethehooker replied on 07/01/2017 22:17

Posted on 07/01/2017 22:17

I've just left a review for a CL which I'm sure I have reviewed in the past, but could not leave one for another where my last one is still visible on the list. So I guess that there's a time limit which the IT guys have set so that one can't post a second review. Will experiment further tomorrow.

What is annoying is that I know that I've left at least 130 reviews and had over 150 likes, but am now only credited with 71 and 0 likes....very strange!!

SteveL replied on 08/01/2017 09:49

Posted on 07/01/2017 10:26 by DavidKlyne

I have just checked Chatsworth where we stayed in December and I get the same message when I try to leave a review. I saw somewhere that they had deleted many old reviews, over two years old I think. My own review count went down from something like 70 to 16!!! Perhaps they just think they are getting too many reviews and are limiting it to one per site per member? It would be nice to know.

David

Posted on 08/01/2017 09:49

I suppose it is possible the two year cut off will continue, with reviews disappearing into cyberspace after that period. It is possible we can't leave another review until that happens. As you say it would be nice to know.

Fisherman replied on 12/01/2017 11:01

Posted on 12/01/2017 11:01

SSame here at Lady Margaret. My previousreview was damning about he access road. Now its been mended I wanted to put in a review for Jan/17 visit. Wont let me. How wiered is that following an IT upgrade.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook