2021 site price guide

TonyBurton replied on 24/12/2020 15:10

Posted on 24/12/2020 15:10

I've got my 2021 Site Directory. It says I should be able to download the 2021 Site Price Guide. I can't find how do it on the website. Any clues please?

cyberyacht replied on 24/01/2021 09:09

Posted on 24/01/2021 09:09

I've just fired the following text off to the Sites Booking Service. It will be interesting to see the response.

"Whilst I have received my Sites Handbook for 2021, apart from a general indication of Club Site prices stated as “From….” , I am unable to properly price the cost of a stay in any given period. I have searched the website to no avail in an endeavour to locate a “Sites price list”. Can you supply this essential piece of information or shall I not bother booking any club sites?

In its present format, the Sites Guide has all the utility of the proverbial chocolate teapot."

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2021 13:16

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:16

Erm........as far as I can see, all the prices for 2021, and indeed up to April 2022 are online. Not a list of prices all in one place, but the full list of dates and prices is available under each named Site.

According to many on here, the handbook is simply thrown away unopened, useless, not required, immediately out of date. 

I would suggest the easiest option is simply to use handbook as a Site guide, then look up Site prices on line, and then using automated booking system will give you the actual price you will pay, for the date period desired. Pre April 2021, it will even re calculate the VAT for you.

Failing that, copy the price list for each Site, paste into your own document, and either save or print🤷‍♀️

Those without technology of any kind, other than a simple phone, can phone the Site direct to check prices, and let Wardens book for them?

Rufs replied on 24/01/2021 13:44

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:16 by Takethedogalong

Erm........as far as I can see, all the prices for 2021, and indeed up to April 2022 are online. Not a list of prices all in one place, but the full list of dates and prices is available under each named Site.

According to many on here, the handbook is simply thrown away unopened, useless, not required, immediately out of date. 

I would suggest the easiest option is simply to use handbook as a Site guide, then look up Site prices on line, and then using automated booking system will give you the actual price you will pay, for the date period desired. Pre April 2021, it will even re calculate the VAT for you.

Failing that, copy the price list for each Site, paste into your own document, and either save or print🤷‍♀️

Those without technology of any kind, other than a simple phone, can phone the Site direct to check prices, and let Wardens book for them?

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:44

Wow sounds more complicated than booking a site many  thousands of  miles away in some distant land, thankfully i seldom use club sites, i think the last was Hill Head many years ago, only because it had a pool and we were in that particular area foot-in-mouth

I used to plan satellite links many years ago using logarithms, that now looks easy cool

replied on 24/01/2021 13:50

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:44 by Rufs

Wow sounds more complicated than booking a site many  thousands of  miles away in some distant land, thankfully i seldom use club sites, i think the last was Hill Head many years ago, only because it had a pool and we were in that particular area foot-in-mouth

I used to plan satellite links many years ago using logarithms, that now looks easy cool

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:50

As you know I suspect booking a CMC site is a doddle as is booking most sites. . 

Takethedogalong replied on 24/01/2021 13:54

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:44 by Rufs

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:54

I was merely giving examples of how to self help for those without technology, or limited technology.

If I want to stop on a Club Site (rare, but we do occasionally) it’s around three clicks of a button. But no ferries or tunnels involved of course...... That would be a few more clicks.....😁

Rufs replied on 24/01/2021 14:12

Posted on 24/01/2021 13:50 by

As you know I suspect booking a CMC site is a doddle as is booking most sites. . 

Posted on 24/01/2021 14:12

Yes i guess if you do it often enough it becomes Easy, i used to plan satellite links using satellites some 22k miles away, today normally plan routes for our time away but OH normally takes care of booking sites, cant say that i have ever looked in the sites directory.laughing 

TonyBurton replied on 24/01/2021 15:09

Posted on 24/01/2021 15:09

I have booked several pitches for this year. It's just a shock when the price comes up at the end of the process. CMC said there would be a price list on the web  site and it does not appear to be there. It would be good to be able to see at a glance which sites in a particular area offered the best value for money before making a booking. 

SteveL replied on 24/01/2021 15:26

Posted on 24/01/2021 15:26

It may well be there was insufficient demand for the booklet last year to make it worthwhile this. Just putting it together as a PDF takes some effort, even if you don’t go to the expense of printing and posting.

However, if they did just produce the PDF copy it would give the option of using it offline, on a pad or phone, which is not possible with the web site.

JVB66 replied on 24/01/2021 15:37

Posted on 24/01/2021 15:37

My post advising of the email that it seems several other members had sent to the club, and the positive reply i recieved ref a hard copy 2021 site prices was Deleted User undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook