Tokyo Camping Car Show 2020

Vantagemed replied on 03/02/2020 15:21

Posted on 03/02/2020 15:21

Was at the Tokyo Camping Car Show at Makuhari Messe last Sunday, 2nd Feb.  A really popular event, even with tickets had to queue more than thirty minutes to get in.

In Japanese motorcaravans are called camping cars.  Most of the vehicles on show were motorcaravans, but a few, mostly imported caravans.  Caravans are not so common in Japan as in Britain, probably because they have to be registered with their own numbers, are taxed and in most places need a registered parking space.

Was very taken with the many tiny but beautifully formed motorcaravans based on the minuscule home market 660 cc vans and trucks.

ABM replied on 03/02/2020 15:36

Posted on 03/02/2020 15:36

A tad far to travel from Crewe though, V, but I am still, on occasion, to be found ogling up anything resembling the " Bambi " motorvan I had for seven years.  All 970 c.c.s of it if I recall correctly and based on the Bedford Rascal -  a re-badged Suzuki SuperCarry with a body by Autohomes.

Now I'll go and check those photo's again !!

## It's Yesterday Once More ##

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook