Don't here go to relax

davejrave replied on 11/09/2020 15:35

Posted on 11/09/2020 15:35

Arrived on site just after 12 with usual queue, sadly only 1 warden checking people in even though 2 allowed in reception. 1 was stood outside just lifting barrier, had to wait a good 15 mins to check in, card had expired due to not receiving new one due COVID and was made to leave and get ID and join end of Queue again. Surely they would of known I was a member on the system. Useless ID as wearing face mask.. another warden would have speeded up the process at check in time. got to pitch, tired looking and unkempt pitch, low and behold the lawnmower started which he came from other side of site. Continued to mow the site till 4.30pm over 5 hrs of mowing. I know this needs to be done and maintained this time of the year but my god didn’t it give us an awful headache Listening to that for nearly 5 hours, it was a warm day so couldn’t even sit inside with the doors closed to drown out the noise. listening to that for nearly 5 hours, it was a warm day so couldn’t even sit inside with the doors closed to drown out the noise. Why can’t this be done hours during the week?? We certainly didn’t have a relaxing stay. Wardens not the friendliest. It was like us being there was more of an inconvenience that to welcome us. Site is in a great location but does need some maintenance around to bring it up to standard. Didn’t use facilities as used our own. No hand sanitiser near water and waste points unlike some other CMC sites. All in all a poor experience.

Cold is Gold replied on 11/09/2020 19:15

Posted on 11/09/2020 19:15

Duuuhhhh

I’m really confused by your review.

You say the site is “tired and unkempt” and yet when one of the Site team is working hard for 5 hours....mowing, I’m assuming to try and get the Site in order, you complain?

Am I missing something?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook