As neat and tidy as expected from a Club site BUT ......

peterofmalvern replied on 29/04/2018 17:12

Posted on 29/04/2018 17:12

My wife and I arrived without having pre-booked and we were accommodated very well. Moreton-in-Marsh site is beautifully located near to the town centre and is very well managed. We were told to pick from any pitches still unoccupied and we chose Pitch 31, just across from the "facilities". Great!! Until evening and then night came - and so did the wood pigeons which chose the tree over our pitch as a loo!! We heard splatting all night long and were horrified by the mess that we saw when morning arrived. We were unable to drive off until we cleaned off the windscreen. I spoke to the site wardens who were very sympathetic but were at a loss as to what could be done with the birds. Eventually we arrived home and spent a merry 4 hours cleaning the mess off the roof of our motorhome. So ..... I suggest that you don't pitch up on Pitch 31 at least (while cleaning off the windscreen, other people said that they had had a similar experience but not as dramatic as mine) unless the Club has been advised how to manage the bird problem. Good luck to them!! Perhaps the problem is due to the time of year - we were there in April, 2018.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook