Goodyear Cargo Vector 2 All Season Tyres

Chris Ardis replied on 14/01/2019 11:55

Posted on 14/01/2019 11:55

I am running my 2016 Bailey Pegasus Rimini series 4 caravan on Goodyear Cargo Vector 2 V1 All Season tyres.  They are 185R14C 102/100Q 3PMSF M&S which I run at 53 psi on my fully loaded 1450 kg unit.

I had these tyres fitted by my dealer when I bought this caravan as I have no faith in the 'budget' tyres fitted as original equipment by most caravan manufacturers.  My background as a Fleet Engineer in the bus and coach industry taught me to always use good quality tyres.  I wanted to use my caravan from March to November in the UK.  So this can include frost, ice and snow as well as heatwaves, hence the decision to go for all season tyres.  I did some research on various tyre websites before plumping for the Goodyear's.  They are rated as EAA on the tyre label system so they are not the best for rolling resistance but far from the worst.  Wet grip is in the top section whilst road noise is recorded at 70 dB which again is quiet compared to other brands.

When new the tread depth was 9 mm and they have worn down by only 1 mm over the 8.114 miles travelled so far.  I have recorded outside temperatures of 4 degrees Celsius up to 28 degrees when towing.  I always feel safe no matter the road type or weather condition.  They are wearing completely flat across the tread, with no shoulder wear as experienced on similar tread patterned GT Radial ST-6000's fitted to my previous caravan.  So far there is no sign of age cracking on sidewalls or in the tread grooves.  I am also recording a very respectable 34.34 average MPG whilst towing, using a manual gearbox Mercedes C220 Cdi estate car which is also shod with All Season tyres (Vredestien/Michelin combination).

So I can definately recommend these tyres to fellow caravaners who fancy using their units throughout the year both at home or on the continent where winter tyres are a required.

Moderator Edit

Moved from the Story Section

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook