What Motorhome?

bill replied on 12/11/2021 11:09

Posted on 12/11/2021 11:09

Now that I am on my own I have sold my caravan after 45+ years of caravanning and looking for a small motorhome.  There is little on the market at the moment so I will have to bide my time a little.

What I need ideally is a small motorhome that I could use on rallies and it would also double as a day van.  I have discounted camper vans as the majority don't have toilet compartments and van conversions seem way over priced for what you get.  It would also help if it had a long couch, rather than a dinette, to minimise bed making.  Is there anybody that has solved this problem our can recommend any motorhomes.  Many thanks.

JimE replied on 12/11/2021 12:57

Posted on 12/11/2021 12:57

It all depends on your budget - one that caught my eye in the December edition of MMM magazine was the Wildax Pulsar.

It's only 5 metres long and comes complete with a full (for a MH) kitchen, washroom and shower.  The rear travel seats convert "in seconds" to a 6ft 2" bed.  The price ....... from £53,995.

PS.  If you are looking for a MH, why not buy a copy of 'What Motorhome' or MMM Magazine.

Tinwheeler replied on 12/11/2021 12:59

Posted on 12/11/2021 12:59

There are a lot of Sevel based PVCs with washrooms and a single sofa/bed, Bill. VWs - not so much. The AutoSleeper Symbol is one fitting example that springs to mind but there are many others. Yes, they can be pricey but does it have to be new?

My own WildAx Pulsar at just 5m long is an ideal day van but doesn’t meet your sleeping requirements. 

Check out the numerous converters out there.

Edit: Ha, cross posted with Jim 😀.
Btw, it’s not seconds to convert the bed - that’s sales speak.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/11/2021 13:11

Posted on 12/11/2021 13:11

What about an Autosleeper Mezan? Might be worth investigating, although it might not tick all your must have boxes. We had a good look around one that was parked up next to us back in September, and were quite impressed. Comes in two height models.

Tinwheeler replied on 12/11/2021 14:05

Posted on 12/11/2021 13:11 by Takethedogalong

What about an Autosleeper Mezan? Might be worth investigating, although it might not tick all your must have boxes. We had a good look around one that was parked up next to us back in September, and were quite impressed. Comes in two height models.

Posted on 12/11/2021 14:05

….but no longer made and like hen's teeth second hand. Shame really as it was an innovative little wagon.

Nu Venture and Romahome make similar vans but a bit bigger.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/11/2021 18:59

Posted on 12/11/2021 18:59

We were very impressed with the one we saw. Nice couple, a bit younger than us. They were on a CL like us, and had put up a small gazebo with three sides to extend their living space a little. Female owner had to be very careful being out and about in Covid situation, so they had decided to get something small and economical to run, but nice to “camp” with through the Summer. We would have died and gone to heaven for such a lovely little vehicle in our early camping days. 

Traficlady replied on 13/11/2021 09:55

Posted on 13/11/2021 09:55

I had an Autosleeper Symphony on a Talbot (they’re now on Boxer) base vehicle. It had a long seat, which I made into a bed, and a toilet and shower cubicle. Perfect for one person.

kenexton replied on 13/11/2021 10:19

Posted on 13/11/2021 10:19

Have you looked at an earlier model Trigano Tribute,up to 2006 ish?They were on the previous style SVEL Fiat body,had a 2.3 jtd engine and a similar layout to the AS SymbolSingle sofa bed one side,a rear kitchen and shower/ toilet opposite.Our first MH was a 2006  plate one of these and it served us well, as a starter.My OH remembers very fondly although she still enjoys the comforts of our current AS mh.There are a number of T.Ts still knocking about on campsites,so they may be available to buy.

SeasideBill replied on 13/11/2021 18:30

Posted on 13/11/2021 10:19 by kenexton

Have you looked at an earlier model Trigano Tribute,up to 2006 ish?They were on the previous style SVEL Fiat body,had a 2.3 jtd engine and a similar layout to the AS SymbolSingle sofa bed one side,a rear kitchen and shower/ toilet opposite.Our first MH was a 2006  plate one of these and it served us well, as a starter.My OH remembers very fondly although she still enjoys the comforts of our current AS mh.There are a number of T.Ts still knocking about on campsites,so they may be available to buy.

Posted on 13/11/2021 18:30

Nice van, had one myself for several years. 5.6m if I remember correctly.

bill replied on 22/11/2021 15:22

Posted on 22/11/2021 15:22

Thanks for all your helpful comments - it's just finding one now !  Not much about used and a couple of dealers have told me that the majority of next years models are already allocated !

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook