Who is going to the National 2017?

RowenaBCAMC replied on 19/04/2017 11:30

Posted on 19/04/2017 11:30

Hi everyone,

Just wondered how many CT'ers are going to the National 2017? If there's a few of us on the forum shall we arrange a CT get together? Perhaps in the Club marquee for coffee and cake?smile

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/04/2017 13:23

Posted on 27/04/2017 00:57 by tigerfish

Due to Ill Health I have had to pull out of the National Rally, and advised the CC (I won't use that silly new name) last week.  I posted the documentation back on Friday 1st Class.

Since then I have sent 3 E mails to the events team, trying to establish if they have received them safely. Guess what? - Total absence of any acknowledgement of my E mails, and no reply to any of my messages.

The club does seem to have lost much of its earlier friendly efficiency.

TF

Posted on 27/04/2017 13:23

Hi TF, I've checked with the events team and they haven't received any emails from you. Are you please able to forward the emails to communitymanager@camc.com and I will forward these to the team so they can get back to you. 

JVB66 replied on 27/04/2017 13:28

Posted on 27/04/2017 10:31 by RowenaBCAMC

I'm looking at going as a day visitor - either on the Saturday or Sunday. I'm going with Mark and Sam too as I'm sure they will both enjoy and Sam can have fun in the tourer explorer corner. 

If anyone is about would love to meet up for a quick get together - cup of tea and a cake maybe? 

Posted on 27/04/2017 13:28

Rowena ,when will you know which day you will be there?

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/04/2017 13:44

Posted on 27/04/2017 13:44

Very soon (hopefully tomorrow, need to finalise plans with Mark tonight) - I'm thinking it will probably be Sunday as would like to take part in Cyclefest too. 

tigerfish replied on 27/04/2017 15:00

Posted on 27/04/2017 15:00

Ro,

Lovely to hear from you, and I do hope that your new little family are well.

We are really sorry to have to pull out but we came to realise that it was going to be too much.. We loved the idea of the National at Sandringham, a place we have visited several times.  It was always going to be a bit of a slog driving from Bristol and then coming back home for just two nights before going in the other direction on our main Holiday near Penzance in Cornwall.

My spinal problem has got really severe and I am awaiting a difficult operation which may or might not help.  Anyway our days of touring are likely to be over and I have made arrangements to leave our Van at the site in Cornwall and use it as a seasonal- semi permanent arrangement.

Either way that would seem to be it.  Thanks for all that you have done to help in the past.

Brian  (TF)

RowenaBCAMC replied on 27/04/2017 16:53

Posted on 27/04/2017 16:53

I'm really sorry to hear that Brian and please keep us updated on how you are doing and when your operation is. I hope you will be able to continue to enjoy your caravan in Cornwall and please do keep in touch with us all on Club Together. Hopefully we will be able to meet again at a National or show in the future. All the very best. 

RowenaBCAMC replied on 02/05/2017 12:30

Posted on 02/05/2017 12:30

OK our plans are finalised. We are going to be at the National on Sunday - myself, my OH Mark and son Sam, who will be 14 months old. We are so looking forward to it!  

Unfortunately we left it far too late to book for the whole event and as such can only go as day visitors but we're going to make it a family weekend trip. I'm thinking of maybe going to Huntstanton on the Saturday and visit the Sealife Centre as they have a seal rescue centre and Sam loves animals.

We will get to the National bright and early on the Sunday and if anyone on CT is going to be there please let me know as I think it would be great to have a CT get together, even if it is just for a quick chat and a coffee. Will anyone be there on the Sunday and if so how about meeting up in the Club marquee?  

GarryP replied on 03/05/2017 13:45

Posted on 03/05/2017 13:45

I will be there, so will give you a look, (will go anyhere for a piece of cake), please advise best time, hope it won't be on the same time as normal church service ?, will it be advertised in the program ?

Garry

IanV8 replied on 09/05/2017 13:49

Posted on 09/05/2017 13:49

We will be there on Scottish lines, block B iirc.

We leave home tomorrow then go on to Lake Garda with Mid Anglia after the National.

Ian

windtourer replied on 14/05/2017 11:16

Posted on 14/05/2017 11:16

Really looking forward to it the closer it gets, travelling up from Bristol plan on stopping for refreshments at the "Barley Mow" in Rugby arriving somewhere around 5 on the Saturday .Block M

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook