South Lancashire Centre 50th Anniversary Rally

ForestR replied on 18/04/2017 12:43

Posted on 18/04/2017 12:43

Just back from this rally at Southport. Excellent in every way, located on the park next to the club site, easy walk to town, full programme of entertainment with something for everyone. Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers who gave over 500 caravans a fantastic Easter weekend. Congratulations and hope you have another 50 years.

Boff replied on 18/04/2017 13:00

Posted on 18/04/2017 13:00

I agree,  I thought it  was very well Marshalled on arrival.  My only criticism is they could have done with turning down the wind a notch or two.  

ForestR replied on 18/04/2017 15:21

Posted on 18/04/2017 15:21

Yes the wind was bitterly cold and a bit excessive and we only went to the sea front once!  Still a great venue and good value for money. Very good of the organisers to coordinate with Pleasureland the firework displays on Friday and Saturday nights.😀

Bakers2 replied on 18/04/2017 15:57

Posted on 18/04/2017 15:57

Oh now you're making me jealous! Wanted to go on tjis but family issues meant we didn't book and I only realised Good Friday that we could have gone if there were spaces 😣😣. Too late to do other planning. Glad you all had a great time,  it was going to launch our trip to northwest but now we have to start again in the next month or two.

It would have been our first CAMC rally or CC for that matter 😉

Boff replied on 18/04/2017 16:16

Posted on 18/04/2017 16:16

We made it to the end of the pier on Friday and to another place on Saturday. Breezy both times.  Not sure one of the dogs would agree about the fireworks though laughing.  But as you said excellent venue.  Flat well drained and central who could ask for more. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook