Rallies 2023

brue replied on 01/01/2023 13:49

Posted on 01/01/2023 13:49

If you're interested in rallies many of the lists are out for 2023. Maybe find a venue or event you haven't tried before and also a price that doesn't seem too expensive, I've noticed a rally on a nice commercial site on the coast for under £15 with EHU and plenty more for a lot less in some good spots. The Bristol Balloon Fiesta is worth a try.

End of advert...here's the link  to the centres and their web sites to find out more. https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/membership/local-centres/centre-contacts/ 

smile

brue replied on 03/01/2023 10:43

Posted on 03/01/2023 10:43

You should be able to search for particular areas and dates etc via the general rally search but it's not well formatted. So looking at individual centre rally lists produces better results. 

nelliethehooker replied on 03/01/2023 19:38

Posted on 03/01/2023 10:43 by brue

You should be able to search for particular areas and dates etc via the general rally search but it's not well formatted. So looking at individual centre rally lists produces better results. 

Posted on 03/01/2023 19:38

I feared that was the case. It would take me for ever to sort out some to visit and by the time I did manage that the EHUs would probably all be taken!😁

young thomas replied on 11/01/2023 13:55

Posted on 11/01/2023 13:55

Yes, thanks for this list.👍

I've considered rallying with CAMC but I find the documentation too disparate.

with the C&CC THS/Meet set up there is a coherent overview via an app which you can filter by date or location.

it's only after you've selected one that you get to realise which 'centre' is organising it.

starting with the centre and then going through each rally list is, to me, too cumbersome to plan a tour of these places, especially as the durations tend to be far shorter than the THS sites.

Nellie, have you tried a few nights non-EHU? Do you have a solar panel? Loads of folk stay for many days on the THS meets and don't need a hook up. For some reason I'd have you down as the outdoor, 'roughing it' type...not that non-EHU is roughing anything...just a bit different use of fuels. Certainly opens up a load more camping opportunities in and close to towns and at £10-12 a night what's not to like.

A lot of these CAMC stays are quite short (a few days) compared to the C&CC THS which are often a month or so in duration.

brue replied on 12/01/2023 08:53

Posted on 12/01/2023 08:53

They are different YT but offer a variety of venues and events. In fact both clubs often use the same places on different dates. I find it quite easy to look up what individual centres are offering. We're not regular users but appreciate these alternatives and the people who organise them.

Finnberrys replied on 19/02/2023 07:07

Posted on 19/02/2023 07:07

I got our centre rally booklet and with some excitement, went through and circled one per month that I'd like to attend. Then I started trying to book the first one. That was when I realised that you have to send a tear-off slip from the book with a cheque to a postal address. I asked about online booking, but that apparently isn't possible. I no longer even have a cheque book and haven't missed it in the 9 years we've been back in the country. I really don't want to order one, just to send a handful of £2 cheques. Anyway, a nice lady let me book without paying the deposit. I wheeled myself a mile and a half each way to our nearest post office, after work one day, posted the slip, and thought I'd got it sorted. Arrived on site to find it largely not accessible. It was very pretty and it was near family, so it didn't matter really, but we couldn't attend the social stuff and we'd have been better just staying on the local club site with accessible facilities and concrete paths. I was a bit disappointed but I guess I know now that rallies are not for us. On the plus side, at least I haven't booked and paid deposits on all the ones I circled in the book. Not being able to do it online might have saved me a little bit of money, ha ha!

brue replied on 19/02/2023 09:07

Posted on 19/02/2023 09:07

That's a shame Finnberrys although most rallies usually offer a bank payment system so that usually works well. 

We aren't frequent rally users but I've got one booked in March, just a short weekend break. Firstly online contact via the rally sec to see if there was a space for us then on line booking and bank payment.

You don't often have to send off forms most are easier than that and things are done on line.

You might find THS with C&CC easier as for some you can just make a late phone call, however popular breaks with both clubs fill up. I'm on the waiting list for one at the moment.

Generally you can phone someone to ask about access etc.  Quite a few are on actual  sites, so access should be OK and costs a lot cheaper.

Frustrating for you after all your efforts.

JollyKernow replied on 19/02/2023 09:16

Posted on 19/02/2023 09:16

Interesting to read about access. If a rally is on a campsite be it club or otherwise there has to be an access statement available to view. Each club site has, it's a pdf next to the site plan.

JK

Hja replied on 19/02/2023 10:50

Posted on 19/02/2023 10:50

If I go searching on the web site I can eventually find details of rallies. But nothing sent to me from the club or any centre. It seems you have to go to each centre?

allanandjean replied on 19/02/2023 11:08

Posted on 19/02/2023 11:08

Tried last week and prompted by this thread again just now but, and it may be me, the search facility does not work on my windows laptop, so had to download the list and red through that.

Seems that the booking system is not the only issue when trying to interact with the club.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook