You're not mot'd

blackdisco replied on 23/06/2021 19:37

Posted on 23/06/2021 19:37

After arriving at the Derbyshire centre weekend rally at cavendish camping site Ashbourne we settled in for a relaxing weekend just chilling after a long week at work within the nhs,

we settled in and caught up with friends,   saturday  morning set of for a trip into uttoxeter to find the power steering had failed on the car, luckily our friends Dave and Dawn Skelding  had a back up plan and we still enjoyed our day out.

saturday evening i contacted Green Flag to arrange a recovery for sunday to be told my car wasn't taxed or mot'd and no recovery could be made, after several minutes arguing with me the lady from green flag agreed i was covered and arranged a collection for sunday morning, between 10 and 12, enabling us to have an enjoyable evening with the Derbyshire centre and friends.

sunday 11.30 i rang green flag again as we had not heard from the recovery people to be told i had cancelled the breakdown at 9,pm (not me) and i was on my way ? i then had to re live saturdays conversation about not been covered due to no mot or tax, after another disagreement with green flag they found i was covered and a recovery could be made later that day, again another argument took place they advised a service provider would contact me shortly.

after another 45 mins the breakdown service rang to say they would be there for 4-430 pm

i advised that i needed to be of site for two pm and got a reply of (you need to ring green flag then)

another phone call to green flag and told they will sort this problem and ring me back ? another 45 mins and i received a call from the recovery driver saying he's on his way and will be around 30 mins.

true to form 35 mins later he was there and apologised for the wait but he was enjoying a day out with his family and had to return home to collect his truck.

3.pm and on our way for a steady journey home (with a smoke break) for the driver on route,

Thanks to our friends Dave Dawn Skelding and John and Margaret (derbyshire centre chairman) who patiently stayed to assist us and ensure we got on our way.

that evening i received a text message from green flag saying if the repair was a temporary fix make sure to have a permanent one done as they would charge for a repeat call-out even though we are covered on the May Day for the double journey.

after more then twenty years of been a loyal customer  they insult you with this kind of service.

D&E (halifax)

PS

Thanks to Scott and Helen and the team for their help and advice throughout the weekend cool

Moderator Comment - Not sure this belongs in the Story Section as it seems more of a complaint? Will move to the discussion area but suggest poster takes it up with the Club direct.

This topic has been locked, no new replies can be added.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook