Truma waterms heater

Chrisnglynn replied on 07/08/2017 20:18

Posted on 07/08/2017 20:18

The truma water heater on my swift bolero will not work on electric when plugged in.  It works on the gas setting giving us heating and hot water but not when plugged in.  The fuses are OK and the control panel doesn't show any faults.  

Bakers2 replied on 08/08/2017 08:26

Posted on 08/08/2017 08:26

Sorry you've not received any response yet. Not like our members, they're usually full of really good advice. Not sure I'll be much help as far from technically knowledge is a bit of an understatement 😉. 

We have two master switches, one says ultrastore and the other something else 😉. I believe that one or both of these (we do not store our motorhome at home so can't check) must be on for ehu to work. Ours live in the back of the wardrobe.  Could you have these too?

I hope you get it sorted soon.

young thomas replied on 08/08/2017 10:21

Posted on 08/08/2017 10:21

there are two fuses on the truma combi.....one under the plastic 'housing' on the top/side and another further down....check the tru a website for a schematic.

there is also a red recessed reset button on the top near the plastic housing which helps following an overheating situation, this needs a pencil (or similar) to reach in and press it home.

good luck.

Biggarmac replied on 10/08/2017 12:31

Posted on 10/08/2017 12:31

My Truma was not working on gas, but fine on electric.  After trying everything that Truma could suggest the PCB had to be changed (around £300 ouch).  All working well now.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook