Motorhome cleaning

AliChiv replied on 18/06/2017 23:00

Posted on 18/06/2017 23:00

Hi we have a 8m motorhome and want to invest in a portable pressure washer to clean the van...Can anyone recommend one that has a large water capacity, long armed cleaning tools to reach the roof and a good cleaning product. Thanks

young thomas replied on 19/06/2017 10:10

Posted on 19/06/2017 10:10

general concensus is NOT to use a pressure washer on a coachbuilt MH, they are far more delicate that a metal bodied car or panel van.

rubber seals can lose their 'waterproofness' and other joints can be jeopardised by sloppy over use of a powerful jet.

a lightweight washing brush, either attached to a hose or used with a bucket of water, is far kinder and just as efficient.

by all means, rinse the van with a (non pressured) hose but i wouldnt use one for washing...

peegeenine replied on 19/06/2017 11:32

Posted on 19/06/2017 11:32

Agree with BB, wouldn't go anywhere near a MH with a pressure washer. A soft extendable brush is best for the big bits and a sponge for the awkward bits. Those micro fibre sponges are good too.

mickysf replied on 29/06/2017 09:52

Posted on 29/06/2017 09:52

What surprised me was the sight of a pressure washer in use in the wash bay of one very large motorhome dealership.

Personally I would use one on a low setting but with extreme caution keeping well away from joins, seals, windows and decals.  Whether the dealership took that much care I don't know.

TonyIshUK replied on 30/06/2017 17:15

Posted on 30/06/2017 17:15

I use Fenwick Mhome cleaner sprayed on with a hose foamer, let it sit a few minutes then wash with a long handle brush or sponge.

I start with roof then one side at a time. 

Then polish and wax using a non silicone marine product 

or if feeling lazy, a quick rinse and wipe using Fenwick Bobby Dazzler.

rgds

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook