Battery charging

DavidKlyne replied on 17/03/2017 00:12

Posted on 17/03/2017 00:12

I think it can depend on what motorhome you have. With my Bailey it does not charge the vehicle battery as standard. However I had, on a recommendation from here, had a Battery Master fitted which pushes any excess charge from the leisure battery to the cab battery.

David

Grumblewagon replied on 18/03/2017 13:46

Posted on 18/03/2017 13:46

Generally, NO - especially on older vans.  Apart from a 'Battery master',  some people fit a small smart charger or solar panel to the starter battery.  However, unless the van is not used for long periods, or the battery is on its last legs, I don't think this should be necessary.

Fisherman replied on 18/03/2017 19:32

Posted on 18/03/2017 19:32

Yes in my case. However the  default position is Leisure. You need to press the button when habitation comes up and it then changes to Vehicle .Its there in the vehicle handbook but takes a bit of looking for. Autocruise Rhythm

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook