Crowtrees Farm (ST10 3HR) - Covid guidelines

AlysonS replied on 19/05/2020 18:17

Posted on 19/05/2020 18:17

Feeling really confused to see a Caravan Certified Location excepting bookings whilst the COVID restrictions are in force.  During our Sunday afternoon walk we passed Crowtrees Farm, Waterhouses (ST10 3HR) - surprised to see three caravans, pitched with awnings occupied by people. This doesn’t not seem right. I have also raised by concerns directly with the Club, waiting on a response.

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section

Tinwheeler replied on 19/05/2020 18:52

Posted on 19/05/2020 18:52

I’ve read this before. Is this a duplicate? The other was couched in much stronger terms.

We aren't aware of the facts and I'm not sure it’s right to feature the site in a story when there may well be valid mitigating circumstances. I feel it would be best to let the club deal with the matter in private.

Buckley 74 replied on 19/05/2020 19:14

Posted on 19/05/2020 19:14

The caravans you saw might of been there by key workers. I know a few people who are staying in motorhomes and caravans so they don't put their family's at risk because of the job they do.... Only a thought

Tinwheeler replied on 19/05/2020 19:19

Posted on 19/05/2020 19:19

That’s exactly why we shouldn't jump to conclusions, B74. πŸ‘πŸ»

In Cornwall there are several NHS workers living in holiday accommodation because they are isolating themselves from their families whilst they are tending Covid patients.

moulesy replied on 19/05/2020 19:23

Posted on 19/05/2020 19:23

Here's another possible scenario - the "occupants" may have been staying there when the lockdown was announced and rather than make them take awnings down the owner agreed to let them leave the vans on site. I agree that CLs are supposed to be closed but you saw the "occupants" in the afternoon. They weren't necessarily staying overnight.

Unlikely? Yes. Against the "spirit" of the lockdown? Almost certainly. But maybe better to raise it with the club for investigation than repeat it on here I feel.

jesslou06 replied on 23/05/2020 10:41

Posted on 23/05/2020 10:41

as a site owner we were asked if we would allow several key workers to stay we declined as we have family members not well , I would say that before everyone jumps up and down perhaps a quick phone call to establish facts would have been appropriate ?

replied on 23/05/2020 10:50

Posted on 19/05/2020 18:17 by AlysonS

Feeling really confused to see a Caravan Certified Location excepting bookings whilst the COVID restrictions are in force.  During our Sunday afternoon walk we passed Crowtrees Farm, Waterhouses (ST10 3HR) - surprised to see three caravans, pitched with awnings occupied by people. This doesn’t not seem right. I have also raised by concerns directly with the Club, waiting on a response.

Moderator Comment - Moved from Story Section

Posted on 23/05/2020 10:50

It might be totally 'right' and all depends on circumstance. 

moulesy replied on 23/05/2020 10:52

Posted on 23/05/2020 10:41 by jesslou06

as a site owner we were asked if we would allow several key workers to stay we declined as we have family members not well , I would say that before everyone jumps up and down perhaps a quick phone call to establish facts would have been appropriate ?

Posted on 23/05/2020 10:52

I am a little surprised that neither the CL owners nor anyone from the club has clarified the situation. There may be any number of legitimate explanations for what the OP saw.

Oneputt replied on 23/05/2020 10:53

Posted on 23/05/2020 10:53

The other thread about this was closed down for some reason.  The fact is we don’t know the facts.  In this area there were 4 LV’s on 2 x CL’s when the lockdown started and they were all the occupiers full time home so no where else to go.  As it happens the owner had another paddock which isn’t part of the CL’s so they all moved there.  The guys don’t pay site fees only for ehu.  I’m sure that there will Probably be other CL’s hosting full time vanners.

Moderator Comment - The original was chosen to be closed as there was only one reply whereas by the time this thread was moved from the Story Section there were already several replies. 

wildemere replied on 23/05/2020 12:16

Posted on 23/05/2020 12:16

We have a M/h on site at this time, they live in France and have an elderly relative nearby whom they look after as her carer is no longer able to visit. We speak via phone and payment via Backs. I see this as helping a family in need.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook