Non EHU site 289

Merve replied on 22/08/2017 17:09

Posted on 22/08/2017 17:09

May I just mention this site being as many offgridders come to these threads. If you are looking for an offgrid within the Lakes you may have rung and not had an answer. That's because the CL has been sold together with the rest of the farm and the phone number in the book has been discontinued. If you are interested in booking the site the number to ring is 07766 385286 and speak to Mark, the previous owner. He is really keen that this site remains open and continues to welcome guests. It has hard standing and although it is a little inundated with weeds, you can still make out easily where it is.   It is peaceful with the odd passing car. Views of Little Mell fell which is easily reached - we conquered it- hope no one has removed our flag! Penrith is not far and Ullswater Road Garage there fills Safefill. What more could you want?   

black caviar replied on 29/08/2017 20:59

Posted on 29/08/2017 20:59

Thanks merve , i was thinking more along the lines of a roberts or dab traditional radio , im not very teckie minded , (.... Eeeh lass us auld folk dont like change tha knaas ",   Have only been out in it once this year but taking it out for a jaunt at the weekend , so it might encourage me to  get me finger out andseek out a new radio , cheers mrs bc:)) incidently am paying site fees for leccy but wont be using it ... Doh!

Merve replied on 29/08/2017 21:57

Posted on 29/08/2017 20:59 by black caviar

Thanks merve , i was thinking more along the lines of a roberts or dab traditional radio , im not very teckie minded , (.... Eeeh lass us auld folk dont like change tha knaas ",   Have only been out in it once this year but taking it out for a jaunt at the weekend , so it might encourage me to  get me finger out andseek out a new radio , cheers mrs bc:)) incidently am paying site fees for leccy but wont be using it ... Doh!

Posted on 29/08/2017 21:57

Well Roberts are very good lass!  DAB is not a make but a way of receiving radio. Not good is it to have to pay for something you are not using?? Enjoy your trip. This weekend we are off to our all time favourite non EHU site. Can't wait. 

Boff replied on 30/08/2017 08:39

Posted on 30/08/2017 08:39

For a good portable DAB radio, I would recommend looking at a Ruark R1.  It works from 12v no problems, it has a Bluetooth receiver so you can stream, it even has a USB output for charging.  Only downside costs £200.  Fortunately for me someone who loves me very much bought it as a present.  Yep went to the shop and bought it myselflaughing.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook