Non EHU site 289

Merve replied on 22/08/2017 17:09

Posted on 22/08/2017 17:09

May I just mention this site being as many offgridders come to these threads. If you are looking for an offgrid within the Lakes you may have rung and not had an answer. That's because the CL has been sold together with the rest of the farm and the phone number in the book has been discontinued. If you are interested in booking the site the number to ring is 07766 385286 and speak to Mark, the previous owner. He is really keen that this site remains open and continues to welcome guests. It has hard standing and although it is a little inundated with weeds, you can still make out easily where it is.   It is peaceful with the odd passing car. Views of Little Mell fell which is easily reached - we conquered it- hope no one has removed our flag! Penrith is not far and Ullswater Road Garage there fills Safefill. What more could you want?   

Merve replied on 28/08/2017 22:40

Posted on 28/08/2017 22:09 by Merve

Guys, can we revert to the ' How to thrive' thread please. This has been a good chat but the original OP was for info only. The 'How to thrive' thread is a sticky and if we don't use it, we'll lose it so please , see you there!!

Posted on 28/08/2017 22:40

😀

Tinwheeler replied on 28/08/2017 23:19

Posted on 28/08/2017 23:19

Yes, I saw it the first time, Merve, but I was replying to a post in this thread. How stupid would it have been to post elsewhere?

Let the threads run their course. You might have started this thread but you don't own it or control it.

To reply to me now will leave you breaking your own 'rules' so I'll leave you to your own devices - solar powered, of course. yell

Hedgehurst replied on 29/08/2017 11:37

Posted on 28/08/2017 22:09 by Merve

Guys, can we revert to the ' How to thrive' thread please. This has been a good chat but the original OP was for info only. The 'How to thrive' thread is a sticky and if we don't use it, we'll lose it so please , see you there!!

Posted on 29/08/2017 11:37

Merve, I plead guilty, my apologies! It was a very useful OT excursion, but you're right, OT on this thread. PippahH, yes, a "Greener" thread's a great idea.
Just one more question - will it work better to introduce a new "going greener" thread, or to build it into the huge edifice which the "Thrive" thread has become? That one's full of great stuff, but not easy to find things without lots of wading through pages. I will ask the CMC for a new section on their forum, but won't be holding my breath!

Pippah45 replied on 29/08/2017 12:26

Posted on 29/08/2017 12:26

I am guilty too - I got completely disoriented - I think back to How to Thrive is the answer - and perhaps someone can "bump" the OP down here? 

Pippah45 replied on 29/08/2017 12:27

Posted on 22/08/2017 17:09 by Merve

May I just mention this site being as many offgridders come to these threads. If you are looking for an offgrid within the Lakes you may have rung and not had an answer. That's because the CL has been sold together with the rest of the farm and the phone number in the book has been discontinued. If you are interested in booking the site the number to ring is 07766 385286 and speak to Mark, the previous owner. He is really keen that this site remains open and continues to welcome guests. It has hard standing and although it is a little inundated with weeds, you can still make out easily where it is.   It is peaceful with the odd passing car. Views of Little Mell fell which is easily reached - we conquered it- hope no one has removed our flag! Penrith is not far and Ullswater Road Garage there fills Safefill. What more could you want?   

Posted on 29/08/2017 12:27

Back to the OP smile

Merve replied on 29/08/2017 13:20

Posted on 29/08/2017 13:20

Hey guys,Im just as guilty- probably more so as I started the thread ( and I know I don't own it or control it! ) I should have said something earlier but it was a good chat - let's go back to the 'How to thrive' as I remember David saying he would monitor it and if not used, he would unsticky it! We don't want that- let this one drop down out of sight- shame we put so much on here but keep those posts coming- as black caviar says, there are newbies coming all the time and a thread such as the 'thrive' thread will be invaluable to them. Thanks for all the contributions to this thread .

EJB986 replied on 29/08/2017 14:19

Posted on 29/08/2017 14:19

Don't worry Merve if David unsticks your Sticky I am sure you will find lots of other places to postwinksealed

PS. No need to thank me for contributing to this (your?) thread....I do it for pleasuresurprisedwink

brue replied on 29/08/2017 18:49

Posted on 29/08/2017 18:49

Why not start a new thread HH, we need different discussions. Put some of your ideas forward to get it going. smile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook