Fitted sheets for fixed bed caravans

replied on 06/01/2017 19:48

Posted on 06/01/2017 19:48

Fitted sheets for Fixed beds with corner cut off.

I have had problems with the fitted sheets (shaped) which you can buy online.  They seem to not have enough "under tuck" and therefore pucker up and are very uncomfortable to sleep on. The cotton is of cheap quality and I thought I would have to dig out my sewing machine and make some new ones.  

But I have found a superb sheet which is 300 thread count and fits perfectly.

They are from Wilko's;  Wilko Best Fitted Sheet Double.  They have a unique flexi-fit ends and loads of under tuck.  They feel like silk and are only £14.00. 

Give them a try - I am sure you will agree they are great value for money.  I have purchased three of these from my local store - they come in cream and white.

I have thrown away the purpose made sheets.

Hope this helps - let me know how you get on.

Bakers2 replied on 06/01/2017 20:44

Posted on 06/01/2017 20:44

I was looking at their quilt covers. Felt the quality and was quite impressed. Might give them a try. Thanks. Bought primark bedding for son at uni that's been great and still is OK 10 years on!

ValDa replied on 09/01/2017 21:57

Posted on 09/01/2017 21:57

I agree, Wilko offers some quality products (amidst some tat admittedly).  We've had some of their bedding for a few years.

And incidentally we find that their gloss and satin finish paint and undercoats, cover better than many others costing many times more!

Wildwood replied on 10/01/2017 15:54

Posted on 10/01/2017 15:54

Sorry but you would never get my wife to admit anything from Wilko could match her Sandersons. We use a king size sheet which is far bigger than the bed and gives plenty of tuck in. Whatever make you use I would go for the bigger size though.

Metheven replied on 10/01/2017 18:04

Posted on 10/01/2017 18:04

We tried fitted sheets but the tuck in was not enough to stop the slat ends on the fixed bed from fraying the mattress, we now use ordinary sheets with plenty of tuck in that provides protection to the mattress as well.

Much cheaper to replace a sheet than an odd sized expensive mattress.

HelenandTrevor replied on 10/01/2017 18:15

Posted on 09/01/2017 21:57 by ValDa

I agree, Wilko offers some quality products (amidst some tat admittedly).  We've had some of their bedding for a few years.

And incidentally we find that their gloss and satin finish paint and undercoats, cover better than many others costing many times more!

Posted on 10/01/2017 18:15

Have to agree with you on wilko paint, we have used it several times and found it to be excellent. Covers really well.

Not got any bedding,  but use their mattress and pillow protectors 

Tammygirl replied on 11/01/2017 17:25

Posted on 10/01/2017 18:04 by Metheven

We tried fitted sheets but the tuck in was not enough to stop the slat ends on the fixed bed from fraying the mattress, we now use ordinary sheets with plenty of tuck in that provides protection to the mattress as well.

Much cheaper to replace a sheet than an odd sized expensive mattress.

Posted on 11/01/2017 17:25

We cover the slats with a bit of blanket cut to size, stops the rub of the slats.

We don't have a Wilko frown

SallyD replied on 31/01/2017 22:07

Posted on 31/01/2017 22:07

Sorry, who's sheets are the ones  that don't fit ? We are about to take delivery of our new van with a fixed bed and were going to buy a fitted sheet from Duvelay but am I wasting my money?

ValDa replied on 01/02/2017 08:57

Posted on 31/01/2017 22:07 by SallyD

Sorry, who's sheets are the ones  that don't fit ? We are about to take delivery of our new van with a fixed bed and were going to buy a fitted sheet from Duvelay but am I wasting my money?

Posted on 01/02/2017 08:57

I think Duvalay sheets may have some 'quality' issues but don't know if they are the type which the original poster is referring to.  I've read about them 'rubbing' and 'bobbling' so not being nice to sleep on after a few washes.  I've tried to find the posts, which I thought were on here, but think they've disappeared in the 'upgrading' of the website.

However, we've had a look at the Wilko ones that a friend bought, and they do feel very nice indeed and at a very competitive prices.  I haven't seen them fitted.

replied on 14/02/2017 16:47

Posted on 14/02/2017 16:47

We have been in our caravan for over two months solid now.  These Wilko sheets are great.  

With their unique flexi fit they are great for our fixed SHAPED bed.  

They wash well and don't bobble up or pucker at all.  Really smooth to sleep on.  

Plus easy to fit when removing the mattress and putting it back.

I may try the idea of a blanket though over the slats which one lady suggested also.  

I am not sure how you manage with a king size flat sheet when making up a corner fixed bed.  I tend to remove the mattress and put the sheet on then lift the mattress back onto the slatted bed area.

Thanks for your comments

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook