It's a sad day

TheAdmiral replied on 25/03/2016 08:02

Posted on 25/03/2016 08:02

When one of our Forum members has resigned from this Forum namely Tigerfish, I can understand why, and the sooner the Club realises a lot more will take the same action,I am not going to spell out what is wrong as the Club should know,suffice to say that there are many new members on CT that have only joined to pick a fight on a personal nature, I know as I have had abuse myself..

I joined this Forum in its infancy and many have fallen by the wayside due to Threads being closed by the Cyber Police for ridiculous reasons, in the early days everyone was friendly, but not any more, the Club should take a look before tis Forum goes down the Pan and more members call it a day including myself.

I have been in touch with other members who I have met and they think the same as me, I will give it a little longer to see if things improve and then make a decision, in the meantime Good Luck Tigerfish, I believe  many on here support you,and you will be sadly missed for your excellent Threads and Posts 

I'd better sign off now before this Thread is closed, as the Club do not like criticism

Admiral

Happy Easter

tombar replied on 25/03/2016 08:26

Posted on 25/03/2016 08:26

Must admit Admiral, but I haven't posted much for quite a while as well. 

Kennine replied on 25/03/2016 08:54

Posted on 25/03/2016 08:54

I always enjoyed TF's posts. 

There are many improvements which could be implemented on this forum, too numerous to mention them all, but threads being hijacked and the multiple software errors, must be among the most urgent. 

There is also a problem with the use of personal insults directed at specific named individuals. I can see how anybody of a nervous disposition may be put off posting by this.-- Experienced forum users are not affected, as we see it as an admission by the "usual suspects" that they have nothing really to contribute to thread.  

The items mentioned above, with the exception of the software issues, are easily remedied by good moderation. 

So to TF -- All the best  ------- I will most likely see you appear on one of my other forums. 

volvoman9 replied on 25/03/2016 08:59

Posted on 25/03/2016 08:59

I,ve just replied to an email from TF wishing him all the best and telling him that i can understand his frustration and his reasons for leaving CT.

v9.

replied on 25/03/2016 09:02

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:02

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rubytuesday replied on 25/03/2016 09:05

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:05

We all new some  time ago the forum was fast loosing it's sparkle as I called it some time ago , but it has become very dim of recent, 

I fully understand the rules had to be brought in and implemented , the forum was becoming out of hand to the point of being down right nasty and personal , 

Those of us who have been on here since the beginning have certainly noticed the changes some for the better some for the worse, I to was rather bemused by the closing of so many threads in past days but can't comment because I missed them 

IMHO I think the forum is becoming or has become what the CC originally wanted which was a caravan / motorhome Travelling discussion forum only, 

wherever you are TF take care and good luck 

Roobz

MichaelT replied on 25/03/2016 09:15

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:15

Well I don't really care if tiger fish goes or not but I am now intrigued as to what was in the easter egg post!

KENNYG replied on 25/03/2016 09:23

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:23

As a vertual new member to CT I do read quite a few posts and Tigerfish, played a big part in threads and post's sorry to see him go good luck  Tigerfish. 

EmilysDad replied on 25/03/2016 09:27

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:27

Well I don't really care if tiger fish goes or not but I am now intrigued as to what was in the easter egg post!

TG's post had been pulled before I saw it too, but I suspect it was to do with this

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 25/03/2016 09:28

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:28

We all new some  time ago the forum was fast loosing it's sparkle as I called it some time ago , but it has become very dim of recent, 

I fully understand the rules had to be brought in and implemented , the forum was becoming out of hand to the point of being down right nasty and personal , 

Those of us who have been on here since the beginning have certainly noticed the changes some for the better some for the worse, I to was rather bemused by the closing of so many threads in past days but can't comment because I missed them 

IMHO I think the forum is becoming or has become what the CC originally wanted which was a caravan / motorhome Travelling discussion forum only, 

wherever you are TF take care and good luck 

Roobz

+1, good & fair assessment RoobzHappy

Oneputt replied on 25/03/2016 09:37

Posted on 25/03/2016 09:37

There is still some good and useful stuff on CT, sites, travel, wildlife etc for the rest i'm ambivalentWink wish general chat was less of a one man band.Surprised People dip in and out of CT all the time including TF so i'm pretty sure we will see him again

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook