Coachman window issues

martyn stoke replied on 06/03/2021 19:39

Posted on 06/03/2021 19:39

My son has a 2020 coachman vip caravan and seems to be having quite a few issues. The main concern is the front windows came loose on the first outing, the dealer has now twice repaired the fault but he has just noticed that the window is loose again, the van has not even been used since the repair due to lockdown. The windows come loose just below the coachman strip at the top of the front windows. The dealer has now said coachmans fix is to screw the window retaining strip into the caravan body as well as bond it. Has anyone else had similar problems and been advised on this fix ???? 

JSGARTH replied on 21/05/2021 16:44

Posted on 21/05/2021 16:44

That is interesting, I have the same caravan that is currently at the dealers for rectifying some issues that we have including the same window problem and a  first service. I have not yet heard from the dealer as to how a repair will be done. I’ll update this message when I get more information.

krfcfb replied on 03/03/2022 19:41

Posted on 06/03/2021 19:39 by martyn stoke

My son has a 2020 coachman vip caravan and seems to be having quite a few issues. The main concern is the front windows came loose on the first outing, the dealer has now twice repaired the fault but he has just noticed that the window is loose again, the van has not even been used since the repair due to lockdown. The windows come loose just below the coachman strip at the top of the front windows. The dealer has now said coachmans fix is to screw the window retaining strip into the caravan body as well as bond it. Has anyone else had similar problems and been advised on this fix ???? 

Posted on 03/03/2022 19:41

We bought a Coachman VIP 545 in 2018 firstly the magnetic lock between the kitchen and toilet stopped working Kimberley Caravans at Darlington had two goes to fix it when we got home still not working fixed it myself.Next the toilet light came on so emptied the cassette light would not go off new module fitted same again waiting to get another module fitted.The roof blind in sitting area was splitting replaced again waiting to get another one fitted.Then the runner for sliding doors between the bedroom and toilet came off.Finally the shower door was coming off when we travelled we put it down to the rough roads only to find a split between the roof of the shower and wall.Because it is out of warranty Trevor Baxter warranty manager doesn’t want to know

InaD replied on 05/03/2022 08:30

Posted on 03/03/2022 19:41 by krfcfb

We bought a Coachman VIP 545 in 2018 firstly the magnetic lock between the kitchen and toilet stopped working Kimberley Caravans at Darlington had two goes to fix it when we got home still not working fixed it myself.Next the toilet light came on so emptied the cassette light would not go off new module fitted same again waiting to get another module fitted.The roof blind in sitting area was splitting replaced again waiting to get another one fitted.Then the runner for sliding doors between the bedroom and toilet came off.Finally the shower door was coming off when we travelled we put it down to the rough roads only to find a split between the roof of the shower and wall.Because it is out of warranty Trevor Baxter warranty manager doesn’t want to know

Posted on 05/03/2022 08:30

There has been at least 1 other thread on here in relation to Coachman; whilst we haven't had the same problems you describe, we too have a 2018 model and have had our Dometic toilet replaced with a Thetford.  If you're interested in the thread, the link is >>HERE<<

Tammygirl replied on 05/03/2022 14:41

Posted on 05/03/2022 14:41

We too have a 2018 Coachman, thankfully so far non of these issues just the 2 small Windows at the front have very stiff blinds. Should have been looked at one it's first Service but wasn't OH will sort it now.

davetommo replied on 05/03/2022 18:59

Posted on 03/03/2022 19:41 by krfcfb

Posted on 05/03/2022 18:59

How did you fix the lock the one on my 2021 vip has failed. Caravan serviced in January dealer still waiting for a new lock from coachman.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook