What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

nelliethehooker replied on 24/04/2024 20:43

Posted on 24/04/2024 20:43

Tda, pleased  to read that you have got further on with your dispute with O2. Hope that your next venture with a phone company is much less traumatic!laughing

More good news with your MIL getting out using her "Dolly Trolly" WN, after having managed with her pronged walking stick too.

Helen, we haven't stopped on the CC site there, but have stopped on the C&CC one in the past.Glad you enjoyed your time there.

It has been another fine sunny day by Loch Lomond, but a cold wind started to blow across the site in the late afternoon. Another walk for us today, this time from Milorrochy Bay to the forestry centre at Cashel. Site full again for the second night on the trot.

Francis replied on 24/04/2024 21:05

Posted on 24/04/2024 21:05

Glad your trip seems to be going well Nellie. Was the journey up the 737 road ok it’s one we only use occasionally when towing but use it regular when solo if heading up to Glasgow 

nelliethehooker replied on 24/04/2024 21:46

Posted on 24/04/2024 21:05 by Francis

Glad your trip seems to be going well Nellie. Was the journey up the 737 road ok it’s one we only use occasionally when towing but use it regular when solo if heading up to Glasgow 

Posted on 24/04/2024 21:46

Yes it was fine except for a couple of short hold ups due to road works. I did post a thanks to you when we got here, Francis but it must have vanished into the ether due to this unpredictable forum!!yell

Thanks once again.

Francis replied on 24/04/2024 22:10

Posted on 24/04/2024 21:46 by nelliethehooker

Yes it was fine except for a couple of short hold ups due to road works. I did post a thanks to you when we got here, Francis but it must have vanished into the ether due to this unpredictable forum!!yell

Thanks once again.

Posted on 24/04/2024 22:10

No problem Nellie glad it went ok 

Takethedogalong replied on 24/04/2024 22:37

Posted on 24/04/2024 22:37

Lovely afternoon for us, only down M1 to Hardwick Hall, but at least it was a dry sunny day. Cold though. Lots of roadworks on M1, but no hold ups. They are finally putting in more refuge areas on the smart section, long overdue. All they have to do now is make sure the tech works and they can spot accidents.

Rather disappointed with Hardwick to be honest. It’s a fabulous building, but the interiors are rather boring. Relies heavily on the tapestries, and apparently the NT have spent £2 million pounds having them restored, but they are in the main devoid of colour, there’s not enough information about them, and the rooms were very dark, in some instances you couldn’t see anything without a torch. It needs a big coloured photo by each tapestry to give a better idea of how fabulous they must have once looked. The gardens were a huge disappointment as well, next to nothing in terms of colour, I counted two (yes, two) tulips. Probably rogue bulbs left in. £21 per person to get in unless a Member. Burton Agnes Hall and Gardens were much better.

We have been with VM/Telefonica since mid 2000’s, very reliable broadband, super fast, but you do have to grind out the best deals. Had VM mobiles as well, heavily discounted as part of package, but that ended last year with their merger with O2. I use a rolling monthly sim, no contract, 6gb for £7. I shall get my credits back, then looking at going with a different sim provider, one topping the deals via MSE. OH has had one for a year now, lots of data, he only pays £4 per month. Never had any problems. 

Oneputt replied on 25/04/2024 08:22

Posted on 25/04/2024 08:22

My go to for phone deals is Uswich.  Been on current deal for over a year, no contract 50gb data, EU monthly allowance etc for £10/month 

Have to agree with TDA about Hardwick Hall, we wouldn’t visit again 

KjellNN replied on 25/04/2024 11:54

Posted on 25/04/2024 11:54

Another sunny day here, that must be 4 in a row now.

Seems painfully slow trying to post on here today, or is it just me?

Takethedogalong replied on 25/04/2024 17:33

Posted on 25/04/2024 08:22 by Oneputt

My go to for phone deals is Uswich.  Been on current deal for over a year, no contract 50gb data, EU monthly allowance etc for £10/month 

Have to agree with TDA about Hardwick Hall, we wouldn’t visit again 

Posted on 25/04/2024 17:33

I had a look at some of the reviews for Hardwick Hall, and very surprised to see just how disappointed a lot of folks have been. It is a fabulous building, but it relies heavily upon the tapestries for internal interest, and yes, they are stunning, probably priceless in terms of historical ownership and cost to replace. But unlike the stunning Henry VIII one’s at Hampton Court, they are extremely faded (even after having £2 million pounds restoration) and it’s so dark inside the building, you need a torch to get around. Knole is like this as well. There’s a bit of a fine line between preserving something to the point of that being the most important factor, but then charging the public a not inconsiderable fee to try and view things. As Members, it’s just one rather mediocre visit for us, amongst a lot of much better ones. But it’s not a good enough experience to tempt non Members to join IMO. The scones were nice though😁

New sim arrived, got my calls and texts back……..but email packed in again😡 I consulted our tech wizard next door neighbour, rather than letting VM give me the run around, and between us, we seem to have sorted things. The underlying issue is VM are “retiring” an old email address, which just happens to be mine, so I have had to set up a piggy back system that allows me to keep my old email address, but using a new email address, new passwords, etc…. Bit to complicated for me, but think it’s ok now🤞🤞🤞🫣😬🫠😵‍💫 

HelenandTrevor replied on 25/04/2024 18:35

Posted on 25/04/2024 18:35

It was a trip to the optician's for me this morning, change of prescription this time so new glasses ordered and came out alot poorer, ouch!!  New frames are made of titanium, very light but very strong apparently, so I shouldn't break  them. 🤔

OH has been tidying our small garden today, but it was a bit chilly, let's hope it warms up soon.

Glad you got phone and emails sorted Ttda, we've had a few problems with the Internet since they have been digging up the pavement for fibre optic cables, chap from open reach said he's been very busy.

Glad your trip is going well Nellie,  We were up that way almost 12 months ago on our Scotland trip.

Bakers2 replied on 26/04/2024 14:29

Posted on 26/04/2024 14:29

Yay! A decent day, first in ages.

Out in the garden. Halfway through emptying a tonne bag of topsoil that's been awaiting attention since last September! Over ordered for turf laying. But having a lunch break - claiming the full hour today!

Planted 4 large pots/barrels with potatoes. They looked like aliens! Using said soil, topped up existing pots. Have done pots for morning glory, and sweetpeas. Did manage to put the latter in the last reasonable day. They are almost ready to train. Morning glory only sown recently as I'd forgotten them!

Will peel back the weed suppressant on vegatable raised beds and add as much as I can. Hopefully that'll clear it or leave a couple of wheelbarrows full that I can store in the garage to earth up potatoes.

Same supplier, in the village, but different source to our first tonne this time last year. Much better quality, fenland peat, certainly dark enough to be and sandy so I have high hopes.

Need to cut the treated grass, it's looking very green and long, it's had plenty of rain!

Been a busy couple of weeks - really enjoyed a 'dabble day' of craft. I WILL NOT take up quilling, but I did make a card with a sprig of lavender and a bee plus a gift tag with a butterfly. I shan't give them away. No one will appreciate the patience and effort they required 🤣🤣. Made a couple of waxed material food covers to add to my collection. Don't need to take that up as I now have plenty. My NZ ones have been rejuvenated, thanks to the day, and are now as good as they were 10 years ago! I also tried Tunisian crochet. Loved the texture of the work, nothing usable made, if I have time hanging I might well give it a go.

A trip to the optician. Thankfully no new prescription so little expense. Had the photo of the eye,more expensive than Vision Express advert says but great independent optician so I don't mind. Learned my dry eyes are worse, glands blocked. So lovely heated eye mask and different drops, these are actually gel.

Haircut, physio, blood tests for each, shopping, washing housework etc fitted in. When did I go to work?

Good to read Wherenext MIL progressing well.

Sadly forgotten others news to reply too 🤔. Need a power nap 😉, but it's good to read of folks activities.

Near Malvern Hills Club Campsite by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook