What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

DEBSC replied on 01/03/2024 17:42

Posted on 01/03/2024 17:42

Good news about MIL Wherenext, hope that she continues to improve. Hope that all went well for KJ.

We went over to our daughters today so that OH could fit her motorised front wheel to our granddaughters new wheelchair. It took him many hours, a delicate job, but she test ran it and it appears to be ok. He also had to fit a new tyre on it and renew the brakes, it gets a lot of use, needs maintaining regularly, it cost a lot of money, and he’s her maintenance man. Fiddly things are more difficult for him lately as he now has arthritis in his thumb. Granddaughter very pleased with her new NHS wheelchair, it’s purple and sparkly, if a 19 year old needs to use one it’s good for it to be bright. Lovely to see her again as well.

I was in the kitchen making a cuppa when youngest granddaughter arrived home from school and was making some toast, I saw her thick woolly jumper move, asked her what it was and she pulled it down to show me Rosie the dragon, she was asleep on granddaughters chest. It seems straight after school Rosie gets a warm cuddle. I did mention to our daughter that Rosie was very near our granddaughters neck and face and what if she bit her. Daughter said ’they really do both love each other, she loves her cuddles she won’t bite. I think Rosie has struck it lucky - she now has a new vivarium twice as big as the one she came with, is obviously very well looked after and cuddled every day. Proud of the way our granddaughter looks after her pet and that it isn’t a one minute wonder. But I did graciously decline the offer of giving Rosie a cuddle under my jumper 😮 

Francis replied on 01/03/2024 19:50

Posted on 01/03/2024 19:50

We are away in the van just local but great to be away again. Not bad weather sunny all day but a bit breezy. Not much planned tonight just a few drinks in the caravan and the telly.

Hope everyone else has a nice weekend 

KjellNN replied on 01/03/2024 20:09

Posted on 01/03/2024 20:09

Thanks all for the good wishes, I have indeed been sent home, and am feeling very well.

Arrived at hospital 07.00 yesterday and was checked in to my little cubicle to wait my turn.    Details checked 3 times, wrist band applied, donned gown and long compression socks.

Finally taken down at 11.30 and was back up and awake by 14.00.   All went well and incision  not as large as expected.  Surgeon very pleased.  Nurse phoned DD to report then I had a short chat, though apparently I was not making much sense!

Had a  bit of a snooze, but the immediate difference was amazing, I no longer feel tired all the time and have not even dozed off in my chair this evening, despite having been awake since 7am.

Doctors came round about 10 this morning and said they would do a blood test and then I could go home.  That took a while, plus all the discharge paperwork, so it was 13.30 before DD picked me up.  Went to her house to wait till Callum came from school, then we headed home.

Supposed to see doc in 6 weeks, but we will be away in caravan then, so will see her either earlier or later.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/03/2024 20:18

Posted on 01/03/2024 20:18

Glad the dragon is doing ok Debsc👍 Inspirational indeed your whole family😁

Great news that your MIL is home WN, hope things settle into a good routine for you all, I will be in touch😉 Like your new avatar, thought it was a rose at first, but can now see Camellia😁

Our quest of enjoying events and short trips has had a boost today, we have got tickets for the England game at St James Park. Hurrah we said, we can stay at Old Hartley. Not a chance, I forgot it was being refurbed🤨 So we need some local help if it’s out there around Sunderland/Newcastle. Found a site at South Shields on coast, looks nice, if pricey. Looking at using Metro to City Centre, Monument, then walk to St James, then Metro back after game. Need to find out how late trains run. Failing this, looks like a drive up and back in a day. 

Wherenext replied on 01/03/2024 21:01

Posted on 01/03/2024 21:01

Took a photo the other day of the Camellia in the garden when the sun was out. Mainly to show MiL in case they didn't last until she got out of hospital. Not often we get one that is unspoilt by frost or in such perfect condition Ttda.

Cornersteady might be the main to advise on sites in that area. Even if he doesn't know of a site he can probably advise on transport. Nothing on Search4sites? or Pub stops?

RedKite replied on 01/03/2024 21:01

Posted on 01/03/2024 21:01

Glad all went well Kj and you are back home.

Mixed weather today some rain and some sun but 10C and yesterday was a lovely sunny day and 15C, Had a nice local walk down the road from here not much about in bird life and it was good to have some warm sunshine, on the subject of Helebores I did have a lovely one in Somerset and it did set seed around but a lovely dark pink colour not got any here not got a lot of shade although the wild version is coming out in the local woods but not a nice smell and some places you can see hundreds of them but it does have a red rim around the flowers.

Have a good weekend folks.

Takethedogalong replied on 01/03/2024 22:29

Posted on 01/03/2024 21:01 by Wherenext

Took a photo the other day of the Camellia in the garden when the sun was out. Mainly to show MiL in case they didn't last until she got out of hospital. Not often we get one that is unspoilt by frost or in such perfect condition Ttda.

Cornersteady might be the main to advise on sites in that area. Even if he doesn't know of a site he can probably advise on transport. Nothing on Search4sites? or Pub stops?

Posted on 01/03/2024 22:29

There’s a few around, but either too far from Metro stops, or not safe enough to leave MH🤔 We’ed prefer to go by train really, it’s an easy do for us, Doncaster to Newcastle is only 90 minutes, but getting back after match is not possible without a five hour wait in York🤷‍♀️ Pathetic public transport system. We think there might be a match day P&R from the MetroCentre, which wouldn’t be too bad, could go up in Jeep, do this then drive back home. Would have to leave pooch with my sister, but she’s always up for looking after him. Old Hartley would have worked out really well, but……best laid plans😕 

I have a Corsican hellebore in my garden, bit of a thug at times, but it quakes when I get the clippers out, that doesn’t seed thankfully.

DavidKlyne replied on 02/03/2024 10:02

Posted on 01/03/2024 20:18 by Takethedogalong

Glad the dragon is doing ok Debsc👍 Inspirational indeed your whole family😁

Great news that your MIL is home WN, hope things settle into a good routine for you all, I will be in touch😉 Like your new avatar, thought it was a rose at first, but can now see Camellia😁

Our quest of enjoying events and short trips has had a boost today, we have got tickets for the England game at St James Park. Hurrah we said, we can stay at Old Hartley. Not a chance, I forgot it was being refurbed🤨 So we need some local help if it’s out there around Sunderland/Newcastle. Found a site at South Shields on coast, looks nice, if pricey. Looking at using Metro to City Centre, Monument, then walk to St James, then Metro back after game. Need to find out how late trains run. Failing this, looks like a drive up and back in a day. 

Posted on 02/03/2024 10:02

TDA

Was the site at South Shields this one http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/sandhaven_holiday_park.html ? If so we stayed there is 2022. It is mainly a static park but they have about 20 serviced pitches. Bus stop outside takes you to the South Shields Transport Interchange where you can access the Metro. No direct access from the site to the beach but you can walk through the adjacent park to get to the beach. We thought about going back this year as we want to explore a bit more in that area but we seem to have a lot of appointments pending its finding a window of three weeks to make it worthwhile.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook