What are you all up to

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:57

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:57

Got back from Fisher Field yesterday after a great weekend away.  Downside is van is filthy bit that will have to wait, more important jollities to enjoytongue-out House more or less decorated although not bothering with outside

robsail replied on 19/01/2017 19:11

Posted on 19/01/2017 19:11

More good news!

Oh had a visit to the eye hospital the melanoma in her eye has reduced significantly to the point that they only want to monitor it in clinic! The procedure seems to have worked!

Bakers2 replied on 19/01/2017 19:48

Posted on 19/01/2017 19:11 by robsail

More good news!

Oh had a visit to the eye hospital the melanoma in her eye has reduced significantly to the point that they only want to monitor it in clinic! The procedure seems to have worked!

Posted on 19/01/2017 19:48

What lovely news.  fingers crossed for the monitoring.

Wherenext replied on 19/01/2017 19:49

More good news!

Posted on 19/01/2017 19:49

Great news, Robsailsmile

Wherenext replied on 19/01/2017 19:54

Posted on 19/01/2017 19:54

Finally got rid of the neighbours microwave today! Apparently we (the great unwashed) are no longer allowed to climb the stairs up to the top of the skips to dispose of our rubbish hence the refurb job going at the main recycling plant.

Very busy day doing lots of small things that need doing so they don't get in the way of enjoying ourselves!

Be glad when this miserable weeks worth of weather is replaced. Seems to have drizzled all week.

Wherenext replied on 19/01/2017 19:56

Posted on 19/01/2017 19:56

Nellie - Funnily enough Curry's didn't seem receptive for taking the microwave as down payment on the Dyson!frown Can't blame us for trying though.

Bakers2 replied on 19/01/2017 20:10

Posted on 19/01/2017 20:10

Second attempt surprised

A great couple of winter days here.  Tuesday night thermometer down to -7c, glorious day to follow with clear blue skies and frost that didn't shift all day in the shade.  Gave the birds additional rations and broke the ice on their water three times in two hours - didn't start until 8am either, brrrrrrrrrr.  Fabulous walk with the dog through the local estate, in the woods as nicely frozen and no mud, less chance of a Guinness dog surprisedsurprised.  The estate use horses for hauling and other jobs and we had the privilege of meeting these magnificent beasts as we wandered through the woods.  I got a great photo on my phone, timeless scene really with beautiful frosty backdrop - typed originally on my phone only to loose the text when trying to added photo yellsealed.  As I went to do the photo I thought should have copied that, but too late, photo wouldn't add and going back it had eaten my words.  Wednesday night -5c followed by another cracker of a day, so still.  Another clear night, stars are very visible even in the city at 7pm.

Went to Mum's, hubby stayed home to be there for the fire repair, part we had to source fitted so have ordered another as a spare for the future as now not made by Valor.  Took mum out to look at kitchen carpet, she got a bee in her bonnet to replace hers.  She didn't like modern Flotex designs so sticking with what she has - which shows no signs of wear after years of use, it's only a square over cushion floor.  Good call I'd say as she didn't want to do anything else to the kitchen.  Left there and as she waved me off her phone rang (unbeknown to me) it was my cousin to say her mum, my mum's eldest sister had passed away, it was very expected following her stroke last Friday.  I didn't know until I got in and hubby said she'd phoned, he suggested we could go back over but she said no.  They were very close so I think she'll take it very hard.  Spoken to her a couple of times since and she seems ok.

Had some fabulous photos from daughter of granddaughters and Aunty Rob and Aunty Hannah.  Looks like they're having a ball - so wish we could all have been together.  cry  Son and girlfriend going to Hot Water Beach Friday, he's done before she hasn't, and then they are all off to Taupo for a holiday together before son and girlfriend fly home next week.  That means we loose the dog soon after their return cry

IanH replied on 19/01/2017 20:14

More good news!

Posted on 19/01/2017 20:14

Great news, Robsail smile

That must be a load off.....

Bakers2 replied on 19/01/2017 20:15

Posted on 19/01/2017 20:15

PS dog delighted to have the fire alight, paws in the hearth laughing.  I'm almost too warm with it on but it's nice to see the flames and at least the bedroom will be cooler tonight. embarassed We don't have TRV's and thermostat in hall so north facing lounge hard to heat if it's as cold as it is at the moment, but at least there has been no wind of late.  Solid walls in a 1930's house are always cool to the touch frown

brue replied on 19/01/2017 20:42

Posted on 19/01/2017 20:42

Glad you managed to post B2, I wonder how many others are still having difficulty posting on CT? Sounds as though you had a busy day with sad news at the end, hope your Mum copes with this latest event. You'll be pleased to have the younger family members back soon no doubt!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook