New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JVB66 replied on 12/01/2022 16:37

Posted on 12/01/2022 15:55 by young thomas

I started in IT in '71 and had been doing exactly what we are discussing for many years after that, before getting into managing the type of third party providers that are being discussed in the Ashridge Farm thread.

none of this is rocket science...whatever the systems and the latest architecture, the premise for data conversion and migration hasn't changed in the 50 years since I first got involved.

Posted on 12/01/2022 16:37

So when I posted about what we did 40yrs ago with was then, compared to todays much improved and upgraded systems is still much the same ,but a lot slicker,cool

SteveL replied on 12/01/2022 16:52

Posted on 12/01/2022 16:30 by Cornersteady

The thing is some posters are saying it is easy and/or possible and some not? Perhaps the transfer programs are there?

For me I don't care really, it won't affect me in the slightest having booked all SP.

Posted on 12/01/2022 16:52

It will if it migrates you. On to economy grass.😂😉

JollyKernow replied on 12/01/2022 17:00

Posted on 12/01/2022 16:11 by obbernockle

Please excuse my ignorance of the club's personnel. I have no wish to be rude to anyone.

Is your assurance ("I can assure you") given on behalf of the club, or just your personal opinion?

Posted on 12/01/2022 17:00

1500 people work for the club so yes just my opinion but then everyone has the same training and we have monthly refreshers to boot, so on that I think the club as a whole takes GDPR and information security very seriously. Every action has a consequence which every employee is very aware of

JK

Navigateur replied on 12/01/2022 17:16

Posted on 12/01/2022 17:16

Data migration, either directly or via another format, relies on the original data being correct or "clean".  This often is not the case and well written transfer programs will have the ability for humans to make a judgement to get the error corrected.

As an example, one I encounterd myself this Christmas was the failure of an on-line retailer's software to accept a delivery address from a third party. The third party was quite reasonably sending an initial letter (one character) for my first name, while the recieving software was demanding at least two characters. It would have worked if the initial third party data entry had put a correct gramatical full stop after the initial letter.

Have fun folks!

SteveL replied on 12/01/2022 18:29

Posted on 12/01/2022 17:09 by Cornersteady

sorry does that really exist wink

And it it some form of punishment to go on one of those?smile

Posted on 12/01/2022 18:29

I believe there are a few non EHU pitches available on the network and I suppose it would be if you were using Calor and had no solar capability.😀

obbernockle replied on 12/01/2022 19:36

Posted on 12/01/2022 17:00 by JollyKernow

1500 people work for the club so yes just my opinion but then everyone has the same training and we have monthly refreshers to boot, so on that I think the club as a whole takes GDPR and information security very seriously. Every action has a consequence which every employee is very aware of

JK

Posted on 12/01/2022 19:36

OK. Just your opinion then. Thanks.

Takethedogalong replied on 12/01/2022 20:12

Posted on 12/01/2022 20:12

I do hope all this shenanigans doesn’t drive more onto the CL network. We have enough coping with all those who want to be Overseas at the moment! 😉😁

(Just in case anyone has a sense of humour failure, that is a joke)

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook