New Site Booking System

DavidKlyne replied on 25/11/2021 11:54

Posted on 25/11/2021 11:54

The Club have released more details of the new Booking System here 

There are still finer details still to be arrived but the link (thanks Harry) sets out how the new system will work.

I have closed the previous thread on when we will get details of the new booking system and opened this one to allow comments specifically on the new system rather than discussing what they might be.

David

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2022 20:42

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:35 by Tinwheeler

Not quite the same thing, JV. One is an ongoing continuous record, the other has multi fluctuations with many variables. I expect JK will explain it to you👍🏻

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:42

Very near and what is being looked at would be on going ,it only should need doing once and finalised ,if the next booking system is implemented in April ,

And if JK can explain it then many members I  think   would be interested going by the posts on here

Tinwheeler replied on 11/01/2022 20:46

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:42 by JVB66

Very near and what is being looked at would be on going ,it only should need doing once and finalised ,if the next booking system is implemented in April

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:46

See my edit, JV. 

I'm afraid your logic is a bit off the rails.

young thomas replied on 11/01/2022 20:53

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:53

Data migration is one of the uppermost elements of converting from one system to a new version and much thought will normally be put here to avoid manual data transfer, which can be error prone and is often very labour intensive, just consider the number of bookings in the CAMC system at cut over...

there's nothing magic about taking existing bookings in chronological order and making a logical decision re pitch type based on the rules as pointed out in the FAQ. 

it just requires some design thought and testing...the sort of thing any project of this size would be subject to...far easier than trying to divvy up current bookings amongst office staff...which won't be a true 'first come' allocation if done like that.

Tinwheeler replied on 11/01/2022 20:58

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:53 by young thomas

Data migration is one of the uppermost elements of converting from one system to a new version and much thought will normally be put here to avoid manual data transfer, which can be error prone and is often very labour intensive, just consider the number of bookings in the CAMC system at cut over...

there's nothing magic about taking existing bookings in chronological order and making a logical decision re pitch type based on the rules as pointed out in the FAQ. 

it just requires some design thought and testing...the sort of thing any project of this size would be subject to...far easier than trying to divvy up current bookings amongst office staff...which won't be a true 'first come' allocation if done like that.

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:58

We don’t know exactly how it will be done, BB, or the reasons why. Maybe JK will elaborate🤷🏻‍♂️

Tinwheeler replied on 11/01/2022 21:04

Posted on 11/01/2022 20:55 by JVB66

See my edit also your reply so far is very much in the ilk of  cannot give a reasoned answer like another poster from yorkscool

Posted on 11/01/2022 21:04

When I posted there was nothing to answer - only your first quip existed.🤷🏻‍♂️

In reply to your edit, I am not saying that but neither you nor I know the ins and outs of the situation so it would be foolish to state anything.

NB. I am not also from Yorkshire.

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2022 21:09

Posted on 11/01/2022 21:04 by Tinwheeler

In reply to your edit, I am not saying that but neither you nor I know the ins and outs of the situation so it would be foolish to state anything.

Posted on 11/01/2022 21:09

Your post intimated that since the 1980s , with the advances in technology  it woul not be possible todaysurprised

davetommo replied on 11/01/2022 21:11

Posted on 11/01/2022 21:04 by Tinwheeler

Posted on 11/01/2022 21:11

I would think what he meant was. Another poster, and he is from Yorkshire

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook